Thread: Lump in my finger is it cancer?

Lump in my finger is it cancer?

Hi everyone. Today I have had a mass panic. I was driving this morning and my right index finger felt a little sore, on the palm side just in the fleshy part on the first of the three sections of your finger, near the palm. I felt it, as you do, and I felt a small, tender little lump. It felt sore like it was bruised, but this little lump is there and I am so afraid its a form of cancer. I have tried to keep calm about it, but I am seriously freaked out! I couldn't rush down to the docs, as its hardly an emergency, so will have to wait until next week sometime. Anyone have any advice. I don't know how long its been there and it is tiny, but now I have found it I keep feeling to see if its got bigger or gone. Help!

Re: Lump in my finger is it cancer?

Hi Jessie

No need to worry, a cancerous lump is not tender or sore to touch. You have probably been bitten by an insect, or have a small infection. Either way, it's not serious and 100% not cancer.

Hope you have a good weekend.

House.

It is not cancer it could be a callous or a wart or just hard skin so don't panic over nothing.

Thanks for your replies. I really hope you are right. Its not on or in the skin, its definitely underneath. The skin is fine, I can see a tiny bluish colour over the area of the lump, I thought maybe a some sort of inner bruise, but I havn't done anything to hurt it. Have been putting ice on in the hope it goes down!! Lumps terrify me. My sister had cancer some years ago.

It is an emergency if its bothering you so much. You need reasurance. Go to the docs. It probably is only just a bump or bruse and will heal itself. If its bothering you so much. Go find out.

Hey girl..it could be a little burst blood vessel that's maybe just swelled a bit..We can do things to ourselves and not even know.

You see the bruises I get and have no idea what happened and no,not drunk!

It sounds like a ganglion that is a fluid filled cyst that is totally harmless and you can get them anywhere a tendon runs as its a bit like a blow out in a inner tube and the blow out fills with synovial fluid that surround the tendon.
    I had one in exact same spot as you on 4th ring finger of right hand - it was right in bend of finger and palm and very painful if I pressed on it - I had to stop wearing rings and not press on steering wheel when I was driving - about size of a pea. I had it for 2 years then it literally disappeared on day never to come back and that was 10 yrs ago

Thread Information