Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bone/bump behind my ear

bone/bump behind my ear

so when i put my fingers behind each of my ears, there is a big bone that sticks out behind my left one, but it isn't there on the right side!! on the right, it is much more flat. i am worried about this - it makes me feel like there must be a tumor inside my head that is pushing my skull out on one side. i don't even know if this is possible but i'm refusing to google. please help - does anyone else have this??!?!

Re: bone/bump behind my ear

hi are you sure its a bone and not a spot as ive had these before ,dont google and if your worried always best to see dr to put your mind at rest but it doesnt sound like cancer

It's just your glands i have one too

Hey you,I posted about this not long ago actually!!

It was a little lump,maybe pea sixed and when I pressed on it it felt "veiny" if that makes sense..I thought aswell that I had tumour but I forced myself not to google and to leave it a few days and then if it didn't go away would go to docs but it went away..I think you have little glands and stuff round there and down your neck etc.

:hug: Please don't worry love

xxxxxxxxxx

thanks for your replies guys - but i'm positive it is a bone. it feels like one, is shaped like one, and it's sort of like connected to my head, if that makes sense. for once in my life, i'm not worried that something is a lump! i know it is a bone, i am just wondering if anyone else has an asymmetrical skull?? i am scared that if my head is not symmetrical, that could mean that i have a tumor or something that is "pushing" it to one side. does that make sense?!

Aw I know what you mean. My neck actually looks asymetrical like if you felt down round the way a doc checks your glands,my right side feels "indented" ..that same side feels heavier also compared to my right side and sometimes is crosses my mind that it could have been cause by a bad accidnet when I was a kid...in school there was really heavy doorss and my head got jammed in them when a gus tof wind blew them open..

But that has been yeeeeeeeeeeears and I'm still ticking away

dont forget... not all bodies are symmetrical. i had a similar worry. i have a rib on the right of my chest that sticks out, which doesnt on the left. went to the docs and asked if it was bone cancer..... it wasnt... it was juat a bone x

my boyfriend has one too and I am always asking him about it but he said he's had it for years and years.
    xxxx

If it is the bone on the back of the skull, behind the ears, then I have it too and strangely enough, the one the left side does feel slightly larger than the right side. I have always thought it was normal to be honest.

I have a big, hard lump behind my left ear and have had it since I was a kid. My mum took me to our GP at the time and it was some perfectly harmless tissue thing. It kind of goes up and down but it's always there. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information