Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big pupils

Big pupils

does anyone notice the pupils of your eyes look really big when you're anxious

if i'm meant to be going out, i'll look in the mirror and if i'm not already going red (which i tend to do) then i'll notice my pupils look really big

it just makes everything worse as then i think, i can't go out like this and i have to wait until i think i look normal (if that ever happens)

sigh

Go and stand under a bright light, that'll make them constrict again faster.

The reason they are big is that your body is anxious - letting more light in so that you can spot predators / danger easier. Atleast, that was true for your mamalian ancestors.

I have been getting enlarged pupils aswell !, infact was going to go on here and post this, but looks like you beat me to it!!

Hi

When we are anxious we always look more carfully at our body, we pick up on things that we think are not normal, when really they are.
    You will find that all peopls pupils go big at times.
    Next time you go out look on the positive sides and tell yoursef how nice you look.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

back in my early years of anxiety i use to get this alot and started being obsessed with looking in a mirror to see what size they were i was also obsessed with the colour of my fingernails, if they were purpleish colour i would freak out!! luckely im alot better now
    take care hun
    michelle xxx

thanks for the replies

Just found this old thread when searching for pupil stuff.

I have been feeling odd and anxious at times lately and when I am really anxious, hyperventilating and panicing etc I notice my pupils go really small, this is scaring me as I thought pupils are meant to go big when we are anxious and mine either stay the same or go small.
    I know bright lights make them look small and dim lights make them bigger but surely if I am panicing even in bright light they should be getting bigger not smaller.
    I did mention it to my gp who didn't seem concerned but when I saw her they were a normal size.

Lisa

this was my main worry when i first got ill but now i dont let it bother me but yes its all part of the parcel x

Thanks for replying Katy.

I understand that pupils getting big is part of anxiety but mine get really small and I'm not sure that can be anxiety too.

Lisa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information