Thread: When do you need medication??

When do you need medication??

I have mild to medium anxiety and some low level depression. I don't feel great and it is affecting the quality of my life to a sort of medium degree.I certainly dont feel as I used to or as I would like to.
    The doctor has prescribed Lexapro and I am currently trying to decide if to start taking it...........I just can't decide if I am "bad enough" to need it. I have been this way for about 6 weeks now and possibly buliding up to it for about 4 months.
    Anyway, I know this is all a bit vague but how long do people wait before taking something like lexapro ? Should I give it time.........??
    Thanks

Re: When do you need medication??

Hi....I was similar to you...had 6 weeks of anxiety, panic and mild depression. I went to the doctor and he suggested taking medication. I was also unsure about it...did I really need it? In the end I decided to give it a go and put up with whatever side effects came my way. I have been on AD's now for a week....haven't noticed a great deal of difference but it will take time to kick in. Good luck to you, I hope you make the right decision for you

Re: When do you need medication??

let me know if they make any difference.........I still cant decide, I,m ok at pres but wonder if my recovery would be faster if i took them ?????
    any more views?

Thread Information