Thread: jumbled thoughts and images

jumbled thoughts and images

Hi ya wondering if anyone else gets this it is starting to really frighten me.

When I wake up either in the morning or through the night I am getting really strange thoughts in my head, not scary or homicidal just weird randomness. I also notice that when I try to focus on this that all my thoughts seems to have no anchor and sort of rush into each other so I cannot concentrate on them. I try to rectify this by trying to re lax or go back to sleep but I seem to see weird images and words in my head. I am not hallucinating as in seeing things outside of my head or hearing things its more inside of me. This is starting to worry me that I have some sort of psychosis or some disease of the brain. I do suffer greatly from anxiety and depression with panic attacks ( I can live with that because I know what it is ) but this has really knocked me.

Anybody else get this or has anyone had it and come out the other side.

Cheers

Debbie

Re: jumbled thoughts and images

hello liverbird,

I have had this in the past and understand what you mean. I read some articles about it online, when the mind is getting ready for sleep it goes through different phases until sleep. These random thoughts and images happen during this, it can freak you out but i think its quiet normal. Plus having anxiety i think the mind is more active. Maybe you should look it up could put your mind at ease. I found once i knew more about it i paod less attention to it and it doesnt matter anymore.

boogie.

Re: jumbled thoughts and images

I have noticed that this has gradually faded away with time and I only notice it when I am excessively tired or stressed.

I have also seen a few posts since on this and it seems to be quite a common problem with no longlasting effects thank god.

Thanks for taking the time to reply I am really grateful for all the help I have had off this site.

Cheers

Debbie
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information