Thread: Lump in the back of my neck, kind of close to, but not directly behind my right ear

Lump in the back of my neck, kind of close to, but not directly behind my right ear

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had something kind of similiar to this - I have this small - like 1.5 cm wide slightly raised bump on the back of my neck. Just after where the bone behind your ear turns into neck tissue. Obviously, I immediatley started worrying whether it might be the worst thing it could be, but I have read a lot of stuff on the net about lymph nodes and stuff. Thing is I don't seem to have a cold or anything. My Father has the same sort of lump in the same place, but mine is more pronouced. He says he's had it forever. As you can guess I've been comparing everyone else's necks just to see - but no-one else has this? Are we both ill?
    Because I've been worrying about it, I've had dull aching pain around my neck and yesterday I had a slight headache, but I think it may just be me thinking too much about it! You know the power of the brain and everything!
    Anyone else had this?

Thanks!

Amelie xox

Re: Lump in the back of my neck, kind of close to, but not directly behind my right ear

Hey chick..I think you have lymph nodes and things back there. And I have had this..I seem to get it when I'm run down or worried which is usually all the time so it is always there heh.

It's harmless honest but you should go to gp if you are really worried petal
    xxxxxx

Re: Lump in the back of my neck, kind of close to, but not directly behind my right e

Hey,

I have has this and it just came out of no where...I didn't have a cold but although everyone around me at work did! It got smaller over a couple of weeks. It was this that set off my latest bought of HA and I cannot touch behind that side of my neck just in case it is still there aand starts my brain going mad again!! The Dr. did say that everyone gets little lymph nodes that swell every so often due to even a scratch somewhere! Some people's never go away and come and go also. I hope that this helps knowing that others also have this...

Ali x

Re: Lump in the back of my neck, kind of close to, but not directly behind my right ear

I have them too. And I NEVER noticed them or knew they were there until a child at my school got bit by a tick and his were REALLY swollen. The good thing is that I now know that when they are swollen, it is not slight...u will know! The bad thing is that now I know where they are and I feel them like 50 times a day to see if they are swollen

Thread Information