Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google? GOOGLE? you dipstick Jaco

Google? GOOGLE? you dipstick Jaco

When are we having a league table for muppet behaviour? I feel I have a good chance of winning.

I have had steady toothache all day, but this afternoon it felt so damn painful, I had to stop working and pace up and down like a man with bad toothache.

I know, I will call the dentist I thought (I am quick like that). Now, I hate dentists. Don't get me wrong, if you are a dentist I don't hate you personally, but to be fair you need to have a good, long hard look at yourself, what kind of person wants to stare into peoples mouths for a living ?

Anyway, they said call tomorrow, I did explain I might die of pain in the mean time but she laughed and said call back tomorrow (all I need, a sadist receptionist).

So, sitting here, feeling like my jaw is being pulled by a gorlilla, and being far too responsible to down a few whisky's at 3 pm, I thought I need to sort this.

So lets google toothache, what harm can it do? I tell ya what freakin harm it can do, 1st website listed the causes (I am not a complete numpty, I was after what to do whilst waiting for a dentist).

Most causes are to do with sensitive teeth, tooth decay, cracked tooth abscess, (yer yer I know all this), sinuses, impact, heart attack, drug abuse, teething, gum disease

WOOOOOOOOOW what? Heart Attack?

Back up here, heart attack? what muppet listed heart attack?

Come to think of it, my left arm was tingly.

Right get a grip, take a couple of nurofen, gargle with salt water and ride it out like a man (ok, a man terrified of dentists, heart attacks and tax bills).

Right relaxed? no not really. I know,I will take my blood pressure. don't ask me why .

o look, 170/101 WHAT?

Right, beta blocker, get one down me right now.

An hour later, I take my BP again, 134/80, cool I can live with that. Hang on, pulse 52 ? Ain't that supposed to be like around 60 plus?

2 and a half hours later I have calmed down, my toothache has gone (for now) and my hearts still under 60 bpm.

So a warning, feeling fine to toothache to near panic all in the space of a couple of hours and all thanks to google

That site should have a health warning

Re: Google? GOOGLE? you dipstick Jaco

Aww Jaco you do make me laugh mate.

Poor you. Have a hug from me even though you hate them..

Have you tried clove oil - it really does work. Or gargle (NOT google lol) with soluble aspirin.

You mention ...

Don't get me wrong, if you are a dentist I don't hate you personally, but to be fair you need to have a good, long hard look at yourself, what kind of person wants to stare into peoples mouths for a living ?
    I always thought the same of those that I see a lot of - gastroenterologists - as they spend all their time up your backside!!!

Hope you feel better soon.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Only YOU can make something like that sound hilarious you muppet Lmao

Ok how long you been a member here now?? and you are STILL googling!? ...Google again and toothache will be the least of your worries boyo

Nah seriously, i'm glad your toothache has gone and you have calmed down.
    Instead of using the google monster, use the nhs 24 site mate, it's far less scarey!

Big huggies
    Lisa
    xxx

VERY GOOD POST!!! I did the same over the weekend over.....CHAPPED LIPS! I managed to connect Chapped lips to HIV...I am a frickin nut thanks to google!

jaco no googling allowed you should know the rules, ill set lisa on yer you daft man , goo luck at the dentist

amandax

Ive only been a member of this site for 4 days but it makes so much sense.
    Going through panic disorder and a massive fear of death (dying any second) which has made me have anxiety 24/7 for two weeks ive been on google most of the time.
    So far I have a brain tumour and bleed, Bowel Cancer, Stomach Cancer, Heart problems and Bi-Polar.
    Dont use google, it can destroy your confidence in yourself that it is something as simple as a headache, toothache, chest pain or anxiety and worry.
    Until today I've not understood my panic disorder but going through the forums over and over again, it makes me realise everything is related to this.
    Yes, I will panic and have anxiety until I have my fear under control and realise I am a relatively healthy 21 yr old and can live a normal life but seriously like the other guy said use the NHS 24 site, its alot more calming and makes you realise most of our symptoms can be managed at home.
    Today Ive got a tingly sensation in my chest and scared my hearts stopping but I just run on the spot for 3 minutes, get it up to speed and calm down.
    Tomorrow is counselling and just speaking to the doctor and determined to go outside :-)

awww jaco

i have been getting tooth ache also it is bloody horrid.

would your pulse be 52 coz of the beta blocker u had taken ?

anyway no more google you will convince yourself u have all kinds tut

jodie xxx

Hi Jaco,

I did exactly the same thing. I'm now convinced i have all sorts of problems from my tooth abcess.

I think google it to put my mind at rest and then end up having full blown panic attacks thinking i'm going to drop down dead at any point

Aaaaw Jaco poor you nothing worse than toothache....but
    your priceless!!...always make me laugh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information