Hi all

I have been on 20mg of citalopram for six months for depression and anxiety.I had all the various side effects too. Most went away but I still had to put up with a stuffy nose ( like I had the flu) lack of sex drive , ringing in the ears ,mild nausea and headaces. But it did kick my depression and anxiety completly. I felt it was time to go off them and dropped down to 10mg for 5 weeks. I then dropped down to 5mg for 3 days.I have now been totally off them for 11 days and I have the odd day when I get little bouts of anxiety and lows but these dont seem to last very long ( mornings seem to be worst). I also have been getting headaches off and on , tiredness and vivid dreams at night as well as a little nausea and mild brain zaps and slight dizziness.However these symptoms are decreasing slightly every day and the stuffy nose is disappearing also my sex drive is starting to come back.I am feeling more and more like myself everyday , but I am just riding through the withdrawal side effects. Everyday seems to get a little better. The side effects are very similar to when I first started taking citalopram apart from the brain zaps. My body now has to re adjust to not having it anymore and Im expecting things to really improve over the next three weeks. I will keep you posted with my progress.Has any one else got any experiences to teel regarding coming of Citalopram?

Cheers John1