Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wont go away!

Wont go away!

Hiya,
    Im sara and\im 17. Im hoping to find someone who's got a similar problem to me. It's so strange i dont even understand it myself! I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks a year ago and luckily it went away afterwards. I thought it had gone away..but then the same time this year, it came back!

Im not sure why it comes on suddenly but i just suddenly think about how i cant get out of my own body and feel really chlostrophobic, like i cant escape.its so odd but then after i start getting scared of getting more panic attacks, like some other people have said. so really its lke an endless cycle!

I dont know what to do but would appreciate it if anyone knew of people to contact online/online help because i really need to work out why this is happening!

Hi Sara

Welcome aboard the forum.

Have you had much time to read some of the info on the website - www.nomorepanic.co.uk

There are loads of great pages full of help on there.

Have you talked to your doc about things atall?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Welcome aboard Sara!!

I think most of us feel the way you do at the beginning. Unfortunately, not all of your questions have straight-forward answers. It's very hard to accept that these things can happen for no real reason.

Do get in touch with your GP about it. He/she will be able to give you the available options. Meanwhile, we are all here to support you!!

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the site

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hey Sara. I'll be 17 next month and my anxiety/panic has gotten so bad I havent even started school yet this year when i was supposed to. I know exactly what you mean about being afraid to have more panic attacks.

I've been diagnosed with "agoraphobia" and its the fear of having a panic attack and being somwhere that help is not available. Mine went a away for awhile too and it seems like every time it comes back its even worse!!! So I understand about the whole cycle thing.

Have you seen a doctor about it? I just started seeing a phsyciatrist and I think ( i hope) its going to help. I also jus started on a new medicine. My only other advice is to look into some relaxation therapy. Theres all kinds of breathing techniques and things you can find that will help you when you're having a panic attack or just under a lot of stress. Feel free to pm me anytime, I'm always here to talk

much love & best wishes,

~*~MaRy

Hi Sara

Welcome to the site

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Hi Sara,

This feeling is very familiar to me and if you look through my past post you will find I have mentioned it often.

I described it as being stuck inside my head and wanting to jump out. Its as if you really need to jump out of yourself and is a type of depersonalisation which is a symptom of panic attacks. All anxiety related.
    I rarely get this feeling now and when I do, it is not so intense and i can ignore it and not panic.

Hope this helps you,

Take care

Jude x

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

Hi Sarah,

welcome to the site as you can see you will get lots of information here, and support from people in the same situation,

take care

kairen x

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Sara,

I'm new here. I am in recovery from panic anxiety and depression for a year and a half after eight solid years of suffering. I was on many meds but finally found relief when I joined a cbt program. I have been completely med free for almost two years now. I would give you the same advice I gave to Mary in a reply to here under I'm New in the introductions section. Basically try and find a cbt group[ or program where you live and go to the library and read some short books on cbt. Hang in there because you will eventually beat this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information