Thread: Slimming World

Slimming World

Hi all,

I start slimming world tomorrow & am a bit nervous. I got anxious when going somewhere & I don't know whats going to happen. Anyone ever been to these kind of meetings & can tell me what goes on?

Cheers.

Re: Slimming World

Hi Charlie

well done to you I wish I was going I cant stop eating
    when you go in, you fill in some forms and pay. then you stand in a queue to get weighed but no one watches or can see your weight. you then stay for the meeting if you want but you dont have to xx

ive been in the past its good , and a way to meet people aswell you can buy stuff there aswell such as there fod , ours used to have a raffle aswell hope it goes ok for you

amanda

Yeah i've been too, my mum goes at present, lovely group, loads of support, great laugh, but like bab said you don't have to stay for the full meeting, you can just have your weigh in and go.

best of luck and i hope you enjoy it

di xx

Hi i did slimming world for 2 years and it really did help me, im starting back there on the 10th of june,and im looking forward to all the nutition advice as it really does help not just with weight loss but you will find you become more aware of foods that just do not agree with your body!!!!!!! i also found it was great with my acid reflux and i virtually stopped the meds.

Hi there,

I have never personally been to slimming world, but weight problems do run in my family and three of my aunts are currently at slimming world and they love it. Since joining in August last year one has lost 5 and a half stone and the other 2 have lost 4 stones each which is brilliant! They all look and feel so much better and two of them have type 2 diabetes which is a whole lot better due to the weight loss, so its definitely a club that works! In fact now that im done with university i am going to start myself so i know how nervous you must be! What i will say about the diet plan is that they have found it the best because apparently you can still eat loads, its not one of those hack starvation things, and still lose weight quickly and healthily. It's all about food combinations or what they call 'food optimising'. I guess i'll learn more about it myself soon too! Best of luck with it pet, i really hope you do well! If you need a diet buddy or any support just email me

Take Care,
    Dawn

aw thats great Dawn thanks. I started putting weight on due to my anxiety 2yrs ago & went from a 8 to a 12 so I know I am not big but cos I am only small I do look a lot heavier I am not sure if I would like to be an 8 again but if I can get into a size 10 I will be happy. Just need to do something about it really as since put weight on started with lot of health problems I never had before & I need the support of someone to do it. I shall post tomorrow & let you know how it went!

Thanks for messages of support everyone. They are a big help to me. xxx

I went to Slimming World most of last year when I was in an anxiety/DP state. Felt wierd for ages but I just went with it and tried to enjoy what I was doing. I was ok and you will be too. Slimming World is a good healthy eating plan, far better than Weight Watchers. However, personally speaking, its no good me following any plan unless I am completely focussed. And thats only happened once, about 6 years ago, when I got to target by losing 3.5st. But since then its all gone back on again and more besides. But it definitely works if you stick to it. If I could get my focus back I would like to lose about 4 st.

Shirley
    Last edited by BasilCat; 19-05-09 at 17:05. Reason: Wrong words

No worries pet,I of all people know how not being happy with your weight can affect your anxiety/depression. A few years ago my anxiety actually was my driving force in losing weight and i managed to lose 8 stone going from 19st 9 to 11st which for my height of 5ft 8 was nice. However my depression came back and i have since regained 4 stones which im eager to get off as i beleive it will help with my anxiety again so its off to slimming world for me too, im starting next thursday! Definitely keep us updated and remember all those people will be in the same boat, and the leaders are meant to be really helpful friendly and supportive! Good Luck!!!

Dawn xo

Thread Information