Thread: Eek! PA brewing!

Eek! PA brewing!

Hi all,

I know I don't drop in so often anymore, what with work, home life etc., but I'm really feeling the need to vent in the presence of some kindered spirits at the moment.

As I type, a friend is on his way to visit me from Norfolk. I originally met him on the 'net, but we met up in person with a group of other friends about a month ago, and so this will be the second time I've met him "properly". That all sounds reasonable, and nothing to worry about, right? Well, no. I'm feeling all the usual things, and my fight or flight response is yo-yo'ing all over the place as we speak. I don't really know why. The only things I can pin it on are that 1) the last time I met him, I was with a lot of other people, including my BF (who can't be here now), and 2) this guy is super-confident, and can be a bit black and white over things - he knows about my anxiety and so on, and to a certain extent is supportive, but he doesn't quite understand yet that it isn't just a case of "get up and do it" for me; I guess I'm worried that he won't understand, and will inadvertantly do or say the wrong thing if I have a full blown attack, whereas my BF knows what to do, and how to handle me.

Anyway, I've had my Kalms, and my Rescue Remedy so I'm hoping to start feeling better soon (as long as I don't think about the meal I'm meant to be going out for with him later!). I just wanted to pour my heart out for a bit though, and I knew people here would understand

Leah.

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Leah

Usuallyt the build up to an event is worse than the actual event itself.

If he knows about your anxiety then I am sure he will be supportive of you if you need any help.

Try to release some of that "fight or flight" tension now - running up and down the stairs worked for me!!

Good luck and try to have a fab day ok?

Let us know how it all goes later.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thanks Nicola, maybe I should take up kickboxing or something to get rid of that tension before situations like this

I'm really hoping I can get through it attack free, as it will make me so much more confident for going away on my holiday next Friday.

Good luck Leah - I'm sure you'll cope fine.

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Leah,

If you have room at home get a rebounder to jump up and down on, that will release the adrenaline.

Good luck and hope you have a nice time.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. The day went well, after all. I had one minor blip in the cinema when all the adverts were on (there are so many!), but as soon as the film came on it was fine - must be something to do with Ewan McGregor and Sean Bean in the same film!

Next step, holiday...

Well done Leah - glad it went off well

Enjoy the holiday

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

sorry I'm a bit late in replying but hope it went well for you and hope you enjoyed the film

"You die if you worry and you die if you don't"

Glad it went well Leah.

Have a great holiday.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Thread Information