View Poll Results: Cany you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck??

Voters
455. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

399 87.69%
  • No

56 12.31%
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck ??

Can you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck ??

how many of you can feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck??

i feel lymph nodes either side of my neck around 1cm in size, those who have read my previous posts know these are of great concern to me and i constantly check them for difference in size. Despite being told by 2 doctors its normal to feel lymph nodes as long as there not bigger than 1cm and hard..........i always thought feeling them meant that they were enlarged but this is not the case.

As quoted from patient.co.uk
    "Lymph glands are normally pea-sized. You can sometimes feel some under the skin."

If you could reply to my poll id appreciate it greatly......

Cheers
    Mac

Re: Can you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck ??

interesting post as I know a lot of people tend to worry about this. I can feel mine in my neck and one just in front of my ear, I have been able to feel them for many many years. I think the first time a person 'notices' them then they possibley start to panic as to what they are.

i have always been able to feel the gland in my neck on the right size. It is sausage-like and movable....and about 2cm long. Always has been.

lots of views not many responses guys and gals,

if your logged in id love for you to place a response in order to canvas opinion amongst us all

cheers to those who have replied

I can only feel mine when they are 'up' like at the moment I have an infection so the gland on the right side of my neck is swollen & hurts!! Otherwise I can't feel them I don't think, but never thought about it.

Els

Mac, I can feel mine. I would like to know why you spend so much time feeling them. What condition do you actually think you have?

Yeah I can feel mine too. You can also feel them in your groin too. I had Glandular fever about 7 years ago, they were certainly raised, the ones in my neck, i mean they were visible, but all ok now back to normal.

guys also please remember that palpating your nodes can actually enlarge them further. they can swell and become tender.. if you are really an HA sufferer that tends to pronate towards the lymph node obsession variety of anxiety .. then you KNOW what it feels like to have sore/tender nodes that you most likely caused yourself by prodding them so much. STEP AWAY FROM YOUR LYMPH NODES.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

in all seriousness though, i had a major bout with lymph nodes in the neck that i spent nearly a year dealing with, seeing several docs, having scans etc., convinced i had lymphoma, and managed to overcome it (FINALLY) and overcome it for good. even now i get swollen nodes and i don't blink an eye. i know how taxing and awful it is to go through a lymph node obsession, it really is its own class of anxiety almost .. so if you need help let me know and i can share my story, and how i got over it. you really have to try otherwise it can go on forever, seeing as the lymph nodes naturally ebb and flow and they are a tangible thing. an HA sufferer's worse nightmare, if you will.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

yes - and just discovered a couple in my groin that has sent my anxiety sky high. I have found reading the responses here very helpful. I am going to try to just drift through although I find it really difficult. I'm better if I don't prod but then when I do the anxiety is just as bad as I am hopeful they have disappeared!!

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information