View Poll Results: Cany you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck??

Voters
455. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

399 87.69%
  • No

56 12.31%
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck ??

Re: Can you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck ??

thanks for the replies keep em coming!!

justbannanas id appreciate if you'd tell me your story as it sounds similar to mine if you look at my other posts ive had lots of blood tests done never any scans but the doctor does think there necessary

2. Re: Can you feel glands/lymph nodes in your neck ??

i have one on my right side right behind my ear for over 5 years. I have had two docs tell me it is fine. the first doc had me do some bloodwork and everythign came back normal. A few years later I had a new doctor and I brought it to her attention and she said it looked fine as well, she said I could have a biobsy if I wanted, but that kinda scares me more then the lump so I'm leaving it for now.
    My 12 year old daughter has on her neck that is way bigger then mine and her doctor says its fine as well, she has had it for 2+yrs now and it changes in size and definately gets bigger when she plays with it. I would love to just see them go, I know she would since kids ask her all the time about it. I wonder if what could be causing it for both of us, it is it something in the air? like an allergy? virus? I feel better now that I have had it for so long I don't worry as much, I have asked the doctor all kinds of questions, even if I felt stupid but I have had it so long I don't even have anything left to ask her. lol

feel free to check out my artwork @

http://rdy4fn24.deviantart.com/

bumping for Andy to read.

im currently having a problem with this at the moment.I should have probably posted it here but I didnt see this thread and ended up posting it elsewhere.reading this has helped me though as I now feel like it isnt just me thats worried about glands in the neck.

Incredibly helpful, thank you mummyto4! x

I too have glands that i can feel in my neck. They are still a major source of worry for me.

They arent very big at all, much less that 1cm and the are squidgee - if you know what i mean but they worry me becuase they have been there for at least two years now . I can feel one on the right side of my neck running below my ear ( but much further down) and at least 5 on the other side, some as small as pin heads. Buty i also have one under my jaw an the left side that is actually quite big albeit soft. Feels more than a cm but not sure. I can also feel one the size of a match head in my cheek. All have been there since i started feeling for them two years ago when this nightmare started!

Lisa
    xxxx

thanks again guys i really appreciate the replies keep em coming this has made me feel loads better.

when you guys say you can feel your glands what are they like hard, soft firm? moveable?

i'm not going to check now,because they will either worry me or i will find something else in my neck that seems off, but yes i have felt them there before. i remember freaking out about them in jr.high, and a decade and a half later, no signs of anything that could have been related to that. also, my two year old has had hers swell to where i can see them, she was a little sick at the time. i took her to the doc once for it and brought it to her att. she didn't seem concerned...at all. then a few weeks later she saw another doc for her physical and when i brought it up, i got the same reaction. i guess she had them pretty swollen on both sides, maybe that was a good sign. i quit thinking about it til now, that was months ago.

mine are up all the time - doc said it must have been an infectio at some point that brught them up and they have stayed up!. i used to worry about it but theyve been there so long id be dead by now if it was anything to worry about.

I never felt mine or even knew where they were until I began to worry about HIV. How stupid of me....I mean i know that if i had HIV to the point that my nodes were swollen, I'd have other symptoms too and would not have had a - test. But I still check....sometimes more than once a day. It got worse when a kid at my school got bit by a tick and the ones on his neck swole up BAD...then I learned where those were. I never knew before then....so I have pretty much felt the side of my neck and the back of head everyday since....why?? cause i can diagnose myself with HIV thats why...LOL I hate the way my mind works sometimes folks!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information