Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pharmacophobia (fear of medication )

Re: Pharmacophobia (fear of medication )

Hi there

If this helps about the antibiotics, the most common side effects to them are skin rashes and upset stomachs, both of which are completely reversible.

I used to work in a hospital pharmacy and learnt loads of really useful stuff about how drugs are tested before they are put on the market. It is one of the licensing rules that the side effects can only affect a small number of the people who it is tested on, otherwise the company is not given a licence to sell the drug.

My best advice is to STOP GOOGLING and to take the antibiotics. If you make sure you take the first one while you're around other people, then you know there is someone there to look after you.

Re: Pharmacophobia (fear of medication )

hi carol i have just joined like you i am terrafied of taking medication it started when i had a bad side affect to stelazine my mouth went numb then my body started to arch backwards my toung was flicking in and out of my mouth i had no control over my muscles i was taken to hospital i was told it was arsenic poisening from the stelazine i was in hospital overnight and had to have injections of the antedote every half hour .i was so scared then i started to suffer from fibromyalgia and the side affects got worse i hate being sick it scares me so much a when i am sick i choke and cant breath .when i get new meds i am so scared and i panic i put of taking them then tell my doctor i had a bad side affect i know this is so wrong but i am terrafied my husband just laughs at me this makes it worse i fractured my spine a month ago a wedge fracture caused by osteophorisis i have been given meds to take for the osteophorisis but again to scared i was offered morphine but again terrafied of the side affects scared to tell my doctor in case he thinks ime stupid .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information