Thread: psychotherapy

psychotherapy

does anyone else do it, i couldn't even speak to my psychologist i had at beginning of year about things soo whats going to be the difference about doing this, psychologist stopped sessions after third one as felt they were torturing me
    now im even more depressed and dont want to do psychotherapy every day for 18months especially when its far away
    im sat here in tears feeling rubbish again at the thought of it

Re: psychotherapy

I have had psychotherapy in the past. It sounds like a very intensive course if you are expected to attend every day? It would be quite expensive too. Usually this type of course is only offered as an in patient because of your commitment to the course and also the fact that it will bring up strong feelings for you to deal with. If it seems an unacceptable distance to travel then go back/ring the psychologists secretary. They might be able to offer something more acceptable. I think that I read in one of your other posts that you were considering becoming an in patient anyway because of your problems? There are in patient units that accept people from all over the country for intensive psychotherapy (NHS) but they are few and far beween. Their criteria for accepting patients is quite strict but is worth a thought. Let us know how you get on.

thanks its called red house therapy in swinton manchester, i really can't do it its made my depression worse, last week i took overdose but my cries for help and worries over it go unheard

I'm not familiar with the crisis teams that try to help these days. i've also never had a CPN. If you are in touch with these people please try to tell them how you are feeling. If you are feeling suicidal then there are strategies that could help. Are you taking any meds at the moment? Maybe you just aren't well enough to have psychotherapy at the moment? I had psychotherapy at the Cassel Hospital an in patient NHS psychiatric hospital and the Ingrebourne Centre both of national/ international renown. The Cassel might be able to help but it is a long time since I was a patient there. They are in Richmond Surrey. They might be able to advise on psychotherapy nearer to your home. Also try the Maudsley hospital and the Tavistock Centre in London.

thanks what strategies are they for suicidal thoughts, they are not there all the time but when they come they are awful the gp thinks im not, but ive attempted twice now and too scared to say i am having the thoughts incase they rule it out again as i dont have thoughts all time, they say everyone gets like this but i know the difference between these thoughts now and in past when i used to say i wish i was dead but only jokingly to get me out of a mood or bad day, the depression is awful
    i know they have a crisis team here but dont know what they do?

the oncall pshych from yesterday is writing to both gp and cpn for me everything i told him, he was good as he let me calm down for good 20mins made me cup of tea and then we went on about why i was soo poorly

i could ask pshychiatrist jeyworker next friday at appointment if i can be referred to the crisis team maybe she was going to do it a month ago when i had these thoughts, im abit scared of being inpatient incase its very noisey i know i wont relax or sleep so i dont know what to do really

just spoke to mum and she said that she doesn't want me to go to it either it just to far, we going chat with pshychiatrist next week
    so now mum agrees with me nurse on a&e agrees with me just need to get gp and cpn to listen now, which will be hard
    i remember in the meeting with gp cpn and pshychiatrist, the gp and cpn only spoke the pshychiatrist didn't really say much i think she knew inside how i really felt so im hoping she will understand next week
    but im dreading next week seeing gp on tuesday morning

Thread Information