Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 hour long blip!

1 hour long blip!

I was feeling fine - really happy -had taken my citalopram - and then out of nowhere, I suddenly felt overwhelmed by everything there is in life....
    My positive thinking went straight out the window and I just broke down and sobbed like I have never cried before for about an hour.
    I rang my partner and told him 'I cant cope anymore - life is always going to be like this - Its never going to get better - I cant kill myself so I will starve myself instead" I stop eating when I am really unhappy.
    Honestly I don't' know why because previous to that I had replied to a post on here and was fine....
    I am already fed up job searching as there are no decent jobs anywhere, I have lost interest in my job, there are family issues, I miss my Dad, I want to do some voluntary work and go to college and I am still a bit scared about that - I feel like I am going to have to take 1000mg of citalopram to be able to deal with it all! I just feel fed up that I have had to go through the past year and just feel drained...everything became too much - even though I have nothing to get upset over really, compared to what other people go through.
    I absolutely cried like never before and now have to reapply my make up again
    The thing is I now feel and happy again!
    Do you think this was just a 1 hour blip???? or I am worried - could this be Bi-Polar???
    Last edited by PoppyC; 21-05-09 at 14:20.

Re: 1 hour long blip!

I reckon its a blip Poppy...Im feeling a bit better this afternoon, had a bit of a result at work and its definitely made me feel a bit more positive...

Hope it is just a blip for your sake

love Iain x

Hi Iain
    Thanks for your reply. I am glad you feel better than this morning and that something has gone right for you at work.
    Yeah, maybe was a blip - a short one! - I keep wondering if I have Bi-Polar and I really want to Google, but I am trying so hard not to.
    I am feeling much better now - just a bit shaky - maybe it was like a panic attack but not so panicky - more of an emotional attack
    I hope we both have a better day tomorrow!
    Maybe its something to do with position of the planets today or something like that...
    I Just Googled!
    Last edited by PoppyC; 21-05-09 at 16:40.

Hey Poppy.

Calm down. I'm sure its just a blip. I think its very easy to get blips - especially if as in your other thread the meds, anxiety or something is unsettling you digestion. That can mean both your intake of the medication and your blood sugar and hydration are all up the spout.

On top of that the whole anxiety thing is rarely a constant AND I think sometimes when our meds have been working we notice the return of any anxiety/depression all the more. Like having pain killers for toothache - when they wear off you can feel the pain all the more. So if our condition peaks then we feel it more as we'd got slightly used to it being less.

Sometimes crying can be good as atleast it a real emotion unlike anxiety and depression which are often just inside our heads. Obviously you shouldn't feel that low all the time, or even at all if possible, but no harm done. As your other half is doubtless still at work HERE IS ANOTHER BIG HUG. Hopefully that will see you through till they get home.

You are obviously looking at some big new challenges with the college and voluntary. Well done for that - its more than me and I'm (much) older. I'm sure you wouldn't have got as far in even thinking about those if you hadn't made some good progress lately. Its one of the subtle ways meds can help and we don't always notice. Making those ideas more real though is a new opening for the anxiety/depression that your words suggest so they've decided to give you a bit of a kicking. Once they've stopped you can pick yourself up and prove to them that you are the boss.

Sorry to hear you miss your dad. s**t - Something told me to make a search before I finished posting and I realise your Dad died... My Dad died in November aged 89 so I think we have a bit in common there - may be similar ages too. I was also sorry to read the other stuff - so clearly you can't turn to your Mum either. My situations the same for very different reasons - Mum has severe alzheimers. The nearest I get to being recognised is when she calls me by my dad's name, and even that's more habit than visual similarity. Sorry - this is meant to be about you. This may seem crazy - but have you considered writing a letter to your dad. It might help to get your feelings, emotions, thoughts out onto paper. Depending on your own beliefs you could then burn it or take it to his grave (you mentioned visiting it in a post), or whatever suits you. Both a neice of mine and a sister wrote a letter to dad that went in his suit pocket. Again sorry if this too personal or intrusive, you just sounded like you needed some help.
    I know you should never say this to a girl, but don't worry too much about the make-up. It can be confusing for a partner hearing how terrible its been if you are sitting there in perfect make up. If it makes you feel different then that's a different thing.

Don't sit there alone with these feelings - post again, see who's on chat or send a PM if you like.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

i think a blip i think we try so hard to control all our inner feelings and symtoms that sometimes we need to let it all out and have a good exhausting cry good natural release.we deal with anxiety on a daily basis is exhausting ans emotional so dont worry anout having a cry just another way of releasing stress i guess xx

Hi Poppy,

You've been very supportive in a lot of my threads, so I wanted to send you a big hug

When I was getting through my anxiety two years ago, and I first started meds I would have days of feeling fine then one day of just crashing and crying and feeling like everything was too much. But they start to fade quicker and quicker, no matter how bad they are.

This time round, I'm on citalopram rather than fluoxetine (following only a recent anxiety diagnosis) and I'm starting to experience the same thing.

I also have the bi-polar worry sometimes, but I think that just happen cos we're so not used to feeling good that when we do it feels awesome, and when we don't it's so disappointing. I seriously don't think you have that.

Keep smiling chick

Much love
    Sarah xxx

Hi Kev, Lady & SarahP!
    Thank you so much for your lovely & kind replies.
    Kev
    Thank You for Your Big Hug...I needed that!
    I am so sorry to hear about your Dad and your mum too with her having severe alzheimers.It cannot be easy for you. It must be horrible to watch your mum having alzheimers.
    My dad was 86 years old. I know it sounds mad but I expected him to live until he was even older. He was always there for me - we were so close. He passed suddenly - not expected at all. I wasn't there and had been to visit him a few hours earlier. Thank You for your suggestion - I will write my Dad a letter. That's a good idea! I will do that for this weekend and take it to my Dad's grave.
    My mum is now very ill, & refusing all treatment off the doctors, who say she needs to be in hospital asap but she refuses so there is nothing that can be done.She is so painfully thin, not eating anything, just drinking alcohol, and fading away fast and wants to be with my Dad and has given up.
    Maybe how I feel with my blips is due to the citalopram and me getting used to it, but sometimes when I am having a blip, I start thinking about my Dad and mum and how she is, so maybe all that is part of why I am getting like I am.
    I cant wait to be back at college or doing voluntary work. I am sure I am going to panic but I will just have to test it and see.
    Are you able to work, Kev? or not able to?
    One thing I cant do is go without the make up lol I think a lot of the time I can look well but underneath I dont feel it, but I tend to feel better within myself with make up and my hair done, plus the fact I don't want to scare anyone who sees me without make up lol
    Thanks again for your help!
    Lady
    I agree with what you said. It made a lot of sense. It may have been just a blip & I agree it may be me just needing to release all the anxiety and tension. I feel better for the long cry! Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.
    SarahP
    Thank you too for your hug. Do you feel like this sometimes too then? It worries me because I get so upset and previous to it there is no warning sign, I just break down and then later I feel fine again. That is why I keep worrying about Bi-Polar plus I Googled about it all - I couldn't resist lol
    Do you find the citalopram is helping you?

Quote Originally Posted by PoppyC View Post
    Hi Iain
    Thanks for your reply. I am glad you feel better than this morning and that something has gone right for you at work.
    Yeah, maybe was a blip - a short one! - I keep wondering if I have Bi-Polar and I really want to Google, but I am trying so hard not to.
    I am feeling much better now - just a bit shaky - maybe it was like a panic attack but not so panicky - more of an emotional attack
    I hope we both have a better day tomorrow!
    Maybe its something to do with position of the planets today or something like that...
    I Just Googled!
    DO NOT GOOGLE! thats an order young lady!

Well my day went pants as my aunti passed away this morning i was told by my mum this afternoon. Next week is gonna be well weird, and im not sure I can handle any of it..Ive got my uncles wedding on wednesday and then on thursday most probably my auntie's funeral from the other side of the family...

its been a really up and down day for me, one minute i was actually feeling quite good for once and then within about an hour i was down again...

Today has not really helped, but tomorow is another day...

Poppy you had a (right good greet/cry) that's not a bad thing and you felt much better afterwards.

That's a huge positive girl.

You let your emotions go with the flow and dare I say it has been a cathartic experience for you.

Take care M

Thanks Iain and Mau
    Iain - I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt passing away. You have had a terrible day today! I have nothing to cry about in comparison!
    How are you feeling now???
    I promise not to Google anymore...well not for the rest of today anyway
    Mau - Thanks for your reply. I did too have a right good cry. I am sure the neighbour heard My cats gave me lots of comfort. I am sure they can sense when I am upset - mind you I was crying at the top of my voice lol The poor things were probably scared & wondering what all the noise was
    I feel better for the cry despite the fact my eyes now look tiny and my nose looks all swollen
    I told my partner all about it and he again puts it down to 'women & their hormones'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information