Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 hour long blip!

Re: 1 hour long blip!

Now then Popperoonie

The mood swings in bipolar disorder apparently last for days.

You probably just had a bad moment that hit you unexpectedly and obviously it hit a nerve. You've got to remember that you are recovering, you are not yet recovered, so it is likely that you will have blips as you progress. Blips aren't the end of the world, they are simply your anxiety fighting back.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi Poet
    I dont want to be recovering - I want to be recovered! - I think I may be like this forever more, even when I am 90 Can elderly people take citalopram???
    I feel much better - much happier -just really tired and I have decided not to starve myself after all

How are you feeling today?
    Last edited by PoppyC; 21-05-09 at 23:12.

The way my doctor put it, if you don't think running down the street with no clothes on is normal, you can't be bipolar cos you are not experiencing the bipolar "manic" phase. If you are bipolar you experience very dramatic highs as well as crashing lows.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Your googling again arent you..... honestly young lady...please stop that right now! Or I'll be annoyed.....

thanks for asking hun Im feeling ok ish, ive got the day off tomorrow in the morning im going to mind in kingston, cant remmeber the ladies name now cos i was in a bit of a pelt when i foned her dunno why i started to feel anxious about calling them...why im not sure.. anyways ive got to be there at 10 so that at the very least gives me something to do in the morning rather than just laying in bed on my day off..Im gonna do a bit of shopping in kingston, then im gonna come back as ive got the docs in the evening, im wondering how its all gonna go tomorrow and thats making me anxios let alone thinking about family etc..

anyways i might just go bed soon if i can get any proper sleep all this week ive had the cant sleep syndrome.. i woke on the hour every hour last night and its not like I didnt do a lot yesterday.. I mean i felt really tired when i went to bed.. anyways im just totally rambling now..apologies.

what you doing tomorrow hun? And how are you feeling now..?

Hey Poppy,

How are you feeling bab, sounds like you're up against it at the moment and i just wanted to let you know that i'm looking out for you. I'm hoping that may'be like myself you just had one of those days, it's certainly like that for me one day you think you've got it beat the next you're thinking you can't go on! I know without the kids i'd find it very hard to carry on, life does get to you like that but we should look at the bigger picture and think is it really that bad. Go on a big walk and get some fresh air, take in the scenary and just have some me time, stuff the job that does'nt matter it's all about you!
    Take it easy, lets start again tomorrow, we're all in the same boat, some a lot worse off than ourselves.

Rich x

Hi all
    Thanks for your messages and words of advice
    Str33b0y/Iain - I didnt Google - honestly - well...ok...maybe I just had a little Google...but not for very long though! Its so difficult not to -there's s a whole world of illnesses out there which I may have
    How are you today? Did you go to MIND? Did it help? I hope so and that you feel a bit better today.
    Richie -How are you today? I am feeling lots better today - totally the opposite to yesterday!
    You are right about children - my son doesn't even know I have any of what I do - He asked me what my tablets were for, when he saw them, and I told him they were for hormones lol. He didn't ask anymore after that lol
    I just don't want my son to think he has a mother with mental health issues. I have one who has, severe mental health issues, and I just want my son to see me differently to how I see my mother.
    I have been out this morning and feel totally different - happy, chatty and bubbly....if only every day could be like this, but I know I should be grateful for even 1 day, because some people don't even get 1 day do they.
    Thanks both for your replies!

Poppy,

Yeah I feel exactly like that some days. If you'd asked me Wednesday morning if I though the Cit was working I'd have said yes for definite, but today I feel back to square one. Trying to remember though that it is only one day!

Am so glad you're feeling better. I find it difficult to enjoy the good days as my mind says, well you were capable of feeling bad a few days ago so why not now. My mind can be so self-destructive sometimes!

Much love

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear you are having a bad day. I am feeling much better today.
    It is very up and down isn't it on citalopram? I wonder if other medications make people feel the same.
    I hope you feel happier soon
    xx
    Last edited by PoppyC; 22-05-09 at 20:00.

yeah it's very up and down! Although I think it's like this on most drugs. I remember when I was on fluoxetine, it was very similar, and it wasn't until about three or four months after starting to take it that I felt I was remaining constant most of the time.

So fingers crossed for this one too!

As always, much love. Remember, we're all in this together. (That really wasn't meant to be a high school musical quote - that film is a curse on positive messages!)

Sarah xx

Hey Poppy

I did goto MIND today and it was absolutely brilliant even though it was in this really odd location which spooked me out a bit, but it was all well worth it. The lady there was brilliant she made me a cuppa tea and listened to what I had to say. She then invited me to join the MIND Kingston footy team, whcih will be good becuase it will get me out of the flat. She also gave me some good counsellers to goto which arent that expensive so im gonna get myself some councilling until I can have the CBT therapy via the NHS.

Strangley I got talking to the girl in the hairdressers as I was having my haircut (obviously) and I dont know how but I ended up having this really open conversation with her about my illness only for her to tell me she has the exact same thing.. for me it was a revelation, and it seemed to be for her cos we both said the same thing, ive never met anyone else with OCD etc.

Anyways that also made me feel better. I went to the doctors at 5.40 as planned only for the receptionist to tell me there was no booking for me...this kinda mad me panic because i then thought I must have got it wrong...anyways I kind of insisted that I was right and she booked me in anyway. Doctor apologised and said she had forgot to book my appointment..but she was happy that I had been to mind and that I was doing something about my illness myself. She didnt increase my dosage but gave me a perscription which I can just tick the box for repeat...never seen this before?? Anyway I came back home quite relieved..today has been the best day I have had since I can remember, I feel really positive for once, like ive achieved a lot in one day.

How you doing hun?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information