Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 hour long blip!

Re: 1 hour long blip!

Awww thats really good news!!!!!!!! I am so pleased for you
    Just think yesterday you were feeling down and now today things have changed and you feel much happier!!!!
    Are you going to join the football team? I think you should...that would be a great way to meet others.
    Where was the odd location????
    When do you go back again?
    I didnt know you could get repeat prescriptions for anti depressants. I have to keep going back to see my GP who only prescribes me two packets at a time. He checks my blood pressure though as it is really low plus I am under a renal consultant too, so maybe thats why.
    I wish there was a MIND near me!!!!!!!! although there is but as I live on the border of Staffs and Derbyshire - I am not covered by the nearest MIND although its not far away, as I am under a different post code area. The one that is in my postcode area is about 20 miles away!
    It is strange you saying that about the hairdresser (well done for opening up to her!) because the other day I was telling someone a little about what I have been through with agoraphobia and how I was overcoming it and they said 'Oh someone I know has that' and another time I mentioned something to someone and they said 'oh my husband takes anti depressants' - I think our issues are a lot more common than what we sometimes think.
    I didnt know you had OCD. I have never experienced that apart from my checking the switches are off, and the cooker is off, and the fire, about a million times before I go to bed. I also have to match peg colours up too
    I am so glad you are feeling much happier
    Last edited by PoppyC; 22-05-09 at 23:21.

Hey poppy, you dont have to goto a mind that is in your postcode area. I have the same issue as you in that my postcode local mind is actually quite far away, and the Kingston one has KT postcode I live in TW postcode and they didnt seem to have a problem with me goig down there at all. I say phone them and go hun...Im sure it will do you good.

Yeah I do have ocd have had for 7 years...the meds dont seem to help that much with it, although my panic attacks dont seem quite as intense..I explained to the lady at mind how early i had to get up just to be somewhere 3 miles away at 10am!..

thanks for your kind words they really help

Hi again
    I did tell them about my postcode when they asked and the woman was adamant that I could not go to the MIND nearest me.Maybe I could phone back on Tuesday and beg and plead and cry for them to see me....I will tell them in return I shall do some voluntary work for them and if not I shall go elsewhere
    How are you affected by OCD? In what ways? If you dont want to say then I understand.'
    I am glad you think my words help. Sometimes I feel that I dont make much sense (and end up deleting my posts!)- since I have been on citalopram my thoughts get jumbled sometimes and sometimes I sound like I am talking in another language! Its quite funny sometimes!
    I have had a much better day today & hope tomorrow is as good.
    I hope you have a good day too and keep continuing to feel better

Hello again .. No I dont mind at all. I feel liberated today afterall

yeah I have to check things like locks gas cooker windows taps etc etc;. and its got relaly out of hand this year. Im checking stuf like anytthing up to 50 60 70 times i dont know how much tbh because I do it so many times!

I cant see why they wouldnt let you go down to MIND I think thats a bit harsh. I hope you do get a chance to go, i felt so empowered after I left there

That's a lot of times, but I suppose the more anxious you are the more you check? I tend to check things more when I am more anxious. The fire is the worst one andchecking switches are off. I hope it eventually eases for you.
    A lot of people seem to have OCD don't they?
    I will definitely give MIND a call on Tuesday.
    I hope you have a good day tomorrow too

Good luck with mind. I emailed the southend branch LAST YEAR and they never even replied. So clearly the quality and focus may vary. Their local information did suggest that they were more interested in officially severe conditions like suicide & psychosis. On your regional thing it may be that they get local funding with conditions on it, or like many charities the local branch may be run with local donations while the national charity sits back and eats the big money (often on executive wages).

Hi Kev

Maybe MIND didn't receive your email? Did you phone them up about it?
    I emailed the Samaritans a few times last year and had email replies ages after I found it to be much better service when I phoned them.
    I wasn't aware until Poet mentioned that MIND offer counselling.
    I hope you are having a much better day in the gorgeous weather.

Hey Poppy, and every1

Sorry Ive been away for a while I just wanted to keep myself busy these last couple of days. I even went out yesterday evening for a while with a friend. That cheered me up, been feeling a bit isolated today but kept myself busy with some ironing and washing lol woo hoo

Anyways I hope every1 is enjoying the amazing weather

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information