Thread: Costochodritis

Costochodritis

It's a bloody nightmare. I've had this for 2 years now and it just completely drains me of confidence and energy. I was playing football last night and i had no energy at all.

Is there anyone else out there struggling to cope with this condition?

Re: Costochodritis

Hi Dave, were you diagnosed with fibromyalgia also? I was, about 10 years ago and it pretty much got better but at the height of it, yes, I had costochondritis on my right ribs. I had to find ways to turn over in bed that didn't hurt. At the time, my rheumatologist just suggested ibuprofen and ice or heat, whatever helped. Two years sounds like a long time, it usually comes and goes. Have you seen a rheumatologist? Are you sure it's costo?

Hi Dave
    I have this condition as a symptom of fibro and have had for years. Best for me is ice packs and pain killers (can't take anti inflam tablets 'cos of stomach ulcer!) It is painful and mine is worst where the ribs meet the sternum so have had check up re heart and although everything OK I still get a bit of panic when it is at it's worst. Sorry you are suffering but it does come in waves for me and sometimes I have a good spell where it is not so debilitating. PS Some state that heat is good for it but in some cases it aggravates it.....just need to find what is best for you. Good luck.

Hi

I also suffer Costo & have Fibro to.

Costo is a Fibromyalgia related condition BUT can also be commen with people who stress & tense alot.

I am a Moderator on the FMAUK (Fibromyalgia Assosiation) if you want anymore info on both then this is a good site to visit for information/support & advice....

Hi folks, thanks for the info.

I've had all the heart checks etc (all ok as expected for a 26 yer old slim non smoker lol) but only been to GP and my Physio, only been diagnosed with costo but have problems with shin splints from time to time (i have high foot arches). My pain is left side ribs/shoulder and comes and goes a lot.

How do you get to see a rheumatologist?

Thread Information