Thread: back to haunt me again

Unhappy back to haunt me again

Hi my name is Kirsty. I'm 24 years old and have been suffering from anxiety on and off for a couple of years. When i had my first panic attack a few years ago i thought i was going to have a heart attack. The usual symptoms racing heart pains in chest. I felt drained for months and thought there was no way i would get better. It also put a huge strain on my relationship as i didnt want to do anything. But after a year or so it gradually got better as i started to get on with my life and didnt let it rule me. I found myself free of anxiety for a while and felt great!!
    But then one day about 3 months ago i was at the gym and had a funny turn whilst exercising. I went to the doctors and they said i was probably overdoing it. Since then the anxiety has come back and seems to be getting worse. I've been experiencing really bad headaches, Migraines, muscle spasms and other physical symptoms i've never experienced with anxiety before which makes me think there is something seriously wrong like i have a brain tumour or something. I've been back to the doctors a couple of times and they just keep telling me its anxiety. I have an assessment for counselling next week, which i am hoping is going to help me and hopefully i can help others!!!!

Re: back to haunt me again

Hi there!

This too has happened to me. I was starting to feel really good and then it hit me hard again. Dont let it rule you again. I know I have been telling myself every night as I start to fall asleep that I can beat this and to not be afraid of it. I treat it almost as a little enemy inside me trying to win. Dont give up!

A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Hi and welcome to NMP. Anxiety is so sneaky as soon as you think your better it comes back in another way with yet another symptom to convince us that we are ill . I have experienced this so many times. The trick is to accept it for what it is and ignore it., hard to do i know, but the more you do the easier it becomes. Our body will let us know when we are ill, i mean if we get a cold we know it dont we . It took me a long time to get to this stage of recovery and i'm sure i could have done it quicker if i didn't get in such a state about being " ill " Maybe see you in chat sometime Love Paige x

this is true you have to confront it, challange it! but its not easy keep the faith

Thread Information