Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Better Help for OCD Sufferers

Re: Better Help for OCD Sufferers

Nicola
    Does having anxiety and panic attacks relating to the fear of losing my children mean I have OCD or do I just suffer from anxiety?
    Do I need to go the this website your referring to or am I at the right place with NMP.
    Regards

I would say that was more anxiety Annie

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That's a really useful website. OCD is fairly new to me but I've suffered from it for a couple of months and it's getting worse. We had a couple of slugs on the kitchen floor a couple of weeks ago and since then I haven't used any of the plates or cutlery even though the slugs were nowhere near them. I've started using disposable plastic forks and can't bear to eat anything in the kitchen for thinking about slugs....

Hi,
    this is parijat.i'll get married on 1st feb 2013.i have an fear that my would be hubby can die on 31 st jan for heart attack.some times i feel that i want that poor thing. i can't stop that type of thought. some time i feel i'll be happy for that........what sould i do???????????????

The one thing you are overlooking is that alot of us are not comming here for medical advice, but to just talk about common experiences and symptoms with each other.

Yes but for OCD I was suggesting a better site.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    No More Panic has always included OCD in its list of topics to support and discuss on this forum, however we have become aware that we are just not educated enough in regards to OCD to be able to provide adequate information about it. Whilst we do have some members that suffer with OCD we primarily have the knowledge necessary to provide information and support for members who experience panic and anxiety.

Because of this fact we feel that our members with OCD aren't getting the support they need and so we would like to promote another site that is dedicated to OCD and does also have a support forum.

This site is OCD UK. It is the leading national charity, independently working with people who struggle with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). It is run by Ashley and I have already spoken with him and he has agreed to let us promote his site on here to help OCD sufferers.

We are not saying that OCD sufferers are not welcome on NMP but we would like to suggest this site as an alternative place to get more informed support and help.

The website is: http://www.ocduk.org/

If you register on the forum then please feel free to mention that you were referred from No More Panic.

Thanks.

Hi NMP thanks for the link. The information on ocd is really good and has helped a lot. Just one thing though I think there is a membership fee of £24 to join. Please correct me if I have read it wrong.
    little wren x

Yes we do suffer from panic and anxiety it plays a big part

Hi,can i just add that there is another really good forum for ocd called ocdaction x

I am an OCD sufferer and I joined her because my OCD causes my anxiety and brings on panic attacks... So I suffer from both!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information