Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: im having panic attacks/anxiety all day long?

Re: im having panic attacks/anxiety all day long?

Try this out Andy: https://youtu.be/07j2hshKShs i know how you're feeling i am the same at the moment it's horrible!

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

I can sympathize. It started 3 months ago for me. Had initially gotten a bit of what was likely a cold/flu and spiraled. Thought everything in the world was wrong, had a lot of tests, in and out of the doctors and hospital, nothing catastrophic ever turned up.

Trust me when I say nothing is medically wrong with people like us except that our adrenaline is rushing and our brains rushing in the fight or flight mode. For me I feel the same tension as you, sensation of shortness of breath, dizziness, brain fog, heart starts to randomly beat fast or skip beats. This is pretty much constant, and I've only recently begun to accept that I have GAD. Sometimes it spirals into a full blown panic attack.

So yes, your constant symptoms can indeed be anxiety and panic. But the good thing is that anxiety is a liar. It will not kill you. You can breathe. Prove it to yourself by going for a walk. Start off slow. I've been going for brisk walks on the treadmill and at the park. I don't fall over and yet my anxiety will keep me thinking "I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I need more air." It is an awful lie.

It is a matter of retraining the mind and getting distracted. My counselor gave some good tips. Do art, exercise, when the panic starts to really come on strong find something mundane to do like putting on scented hand sanitizer and smelling it, chew gum, etc.

It's going to take time. But trust me you will overcome. Again start slow or you may send yourself into a large panic like I did.

[QUOTE=andy123;505505]hey everyone, my name is andy and im 24 yrs old, for the last few monthes i have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks. but it normaly will go away and i can go back to functioning normal again, but for i would say the past 2 monthes i have anxiety everyday to the point where i go into a panic attack.

Ive noticed that the symptoms i get most are in my face and neck and jaw. my jaw becomes very tight and the back of my neck is very stiff and has stayed stiff feeling for about a month now. my eyes twitch real bad and i breath very heavily. i get a lump in the back of my throat and it is very unpleasent. and all these symtoms occur at the same time. this has been happening everyday and im really starting to get worried.

i am perscribed xanax but i get scared to take them for some odd reason even though i know they will help. i guess my wuestion for everyone is, is it normal to suffer from anxiety/ panic attacks for the majority of the day? i have read they should only last for a few hours max, but mine last all day and have been reoccuring over and over again just non stop it seems like. i am really starting to think there is something seriously wrong with me.

if anyone could give me some feedback i would greatly appreciate it.

I feel EXTREMELY BORED THROUGHOUT THE DAY and I take klonopin to help but soon I will run out and doctor want give me a prescritption she thinks I need to see a physciatrist which I feell is a waist of time.

When i first started getting attacks years ago my whole day would be focused on when my next one would occur. It got to the point where i would experience the attacks multiple times a day and they would only stop whem i exhausted myself out and just said what the hell if i die i fie. I never did die.. but it's possible to have recurring attacks all day long until you become exhausted. The attack itself doesnt last all day but the cycle can continue all day with a calming period, worry about when the next one will.come, it comes, rinse and repeat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information