<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">**I'm coming to realise that an analytical method, practiced reguarly, is the only way to go, sticking to the method day in, day out. **

Mico - you have described the objectives and methodology of CBT to a tee.

Meg

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 02 September 2005 : 12:31:42</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I know, this is probably something I've always understood in the back of my mind, it's just I seem to have a natural reluctance to follow any kind of structure either in my thinking habits, or in my life (which is probably a reflection of my thinking habits).

This is something else I've been pondering over though lately and you've just reminded me of it. I've heard of many peoples experiences with CBT, understand what it is and what it does for you, but I'm really interested in learning more about it, in depth, for example what does a full course of CBT consist of exactly and how exactly it is applied, or more importantly how do you go about constructing such a gameplan for yourself.

So, if anyone can recommend any thourough books/sites/anything else on the subject, then I'd be grateful.

Yes, I know I could put my name down for CBT (I seemingly have a reluctance to do that too!), but say I did put my name down, waiting lists are long, my guns are drawn right now and I'm eager to get shooting. I see no harm in getting off to a head start

Thanks for all the help guys.

mico

Edit: Anything regarding CBT in this topic shall be continued here: Self CBT