Thread: Dizziness/off balance

Dizziness/off balance

I am a 25 yr old male. WHen I was about 19 I messed around with weed in college and got a very bad reaction from it. I believe the reaction was so intense that it gave me anxiety attacks. During that time i believed I was dieing, that something was wrong with my heart. I got an ekg done and all and the doctors told me they were panic attacks. They went away for years, now im dealing with crazy symptoms again..

Here are some of the symptoms that concern me. I feel a weird dizziness out of no where.. It can persist for a long period of time. Its just a weird lightheaded dizziness.. I dont know if it is anxiety related or not. Also sometimes when im going to sleep.. right before I am about to pass out, I feel this very strange feeling.. Its almost like a shock in my chest.. Not really pain, but almost like a shocking feeling.. Like butterflys in my heart.. I wish I could explain it better. It seems to happen only right before im about to go to sleep.. Are any of these symptoms anxiety related? I went to the doctor recently and got blood work done and everything was ok. Also the doctor says my heart is fine and didnt even want to give me an ekg. I just would really like to know wth these symptoms are.. The dizziness seems to come subconciously.. for no apparent reason i dont know. Very confused.

Also one more thing I forgot. SOmetimes when im walking, especially in a mall or such.. I feel very lightheaded and off balance.. Almost like i have to hold onto something to walk.. is this also anxiety related? Sorry for a large post, just trying to figure this thing out. Thanks everyone.

I had the dizziness for many years - horrid isn't it.

Correct breathing will really help with it.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

I can relate to the dizziness, that is one of the things that i suffer from alot. sometimes it is calm and i hardly really notice it but other days i will need to hold onto the wall to keep myself upright. it is odd.

I did smoke weed when i was younger and can remember one night after a party i felt dizzy the next day and never felt quite right afterwards. at the time i put the feeling odd down to hayfever but now years later i still have it most of the time!

It really isn't nice!

Yes to all . These can all be anxiety symptoms

Spaciness
    Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light Headed
    Very dizzy
    help :(
    vertigo, diziness

Read the home page on palpitations as well..

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I can really relate to the light-headedness and dizziness. I've been suffering really badly for the past few weeks. These symptoms are anxiety related. I went out yesterday and felt light-headed and that made me panic even more...it's a vicious circle.

You will find loads of support here...welcome

Take care

Maddie xx

Hiya

I can relate to them all and yes they all can be anxiety related

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

hi pal just dropping by to welcome you hope you find some help here im sure you will do its a great place to be

sharon

Thanks everyone for replying, I really appreciate it and can tell you are a great group of people who are willing to help one another out. Out of all the google searches I have done, this site and forum have given me the most information.

Yeah, this dizziness/off balance thing is a weird one. Im not like anxious really, It just comes out of the blue. If I do have anxiety still, it is almost like a subconcious anxiety. I dont get into super panic attacks where I hyperventilate and my hands feel pringly.. Its a very subtle dizziness that comes and goes.. Sometimes it lasts the whole day.. This anxiety stuff is very weird, and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. Most of the doctors I have talked to believe it is anxiety because they say im too young to develop heart problems. I am 25 male. Thanks again everyone for your kindness and support.

Thread Information