Thread: Anxiety

Anxiety

Hi
    my first post.

Well i guess i will tell you my problems.
    They began 2 years ago when i awoke and could not breath very well and also had chest pains.
    So i was off to my gp who sent me off to the hospital for tests,i had blood tests ecg,x-rays and was told i had a chest infection and was given some antibiotics.
    I still felt that i could not breath very well and panicking making my breathing worse also now i felt pins & needles type feeling in my left arm,so i went back to the same gp who did ask me if i was worrying about anything but i said just that i can't breathe very well.
    After a few more visits to different gp's they did not know what was wrong with me and after trying out an asthma inhaler it was not that either.
    After never going to see a dr since i was a child i had now gone about 8 times in a short space of time,so they must of thought i was a hypocondriac(sp?)
    Now having not been to the dr for 2 years the symptoms i have are:
    very tired all the time
    cannot walk long distances
    feeling something is wrong with my heart
    really bad lack of patience
    get annoyed easily.
    anxious for no reason at all.

Hi CHLuke

*very tired all the time
    cannot walk long distances*
    These are working with each other , the less you walk the more you feel you cannot the less fit you get so the less you do.

*feeling something is wrong with my heart*

You are not alone with this at all

and the rest can all be classical anxiety side effects.

So Luke - what have you beee doing to help yourself with all this so far ?

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Not really done anything to help myself.

After not going to my dr for 2 years, i have a form to change my dr surgery as its closer to me after moving house recently.

What is anyone's expierence of changing surgery's, and what tests do they require?

I also get very nervous talking to doctors and can't describe my symptoms very well to them as i am so nervous.

Hi Luke

Welcome aboard the forum.

Sorry to hear you are suffering but you will get loads of support on here so have a good look around and check out the website too.

With regard to the doctor's you could write things down - like a list of things that you feel are wrong or any questions you want to ask then you can use that to start the conversation.

The biggest problem for me with changing surgeries was that I lost a fab doctor at the old one but I sound found an equally great one at the new place. They also made me go in with a urine sample once I changed over and asked me to fill in a health questionnaire. That was it really.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thread Information