Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Back to Work (anxious)

Going Back to Work (anxious)

Hi all,

Finally going back to work after 3 months on the sick, first day back is tuesday and even though I didn't think I would feel any worries aboutr being there, I am worrying that I will relapse back to what I was before. I feel calm most of the time, just got this thought playing in my mind, not very nice when I am trying to remain positive.

Has anybody had similar experiences? How did you get on?

Many Thanks

Lion King

Re: Going Back to Work (anxious)

hi Lion King,
    It is really great that you have reached the stage where you are able to return to work, and I am sure that everything will be fine. You are bound to feel a little anxious - i do even i have had a few days holiday. Stay positive, and best wishes for Tuesday,

fluffy

Hi...
    I too have been on a leave from work for the past 5 weeks and I needed to return back last friday...I was doing so good while being at home but a few days before I needed to go back I found myself getting anxious and worried. I have not had a full blown attack but the constant dread of knowing that I no longer have the time off drives me crazy....I really dont like my job but I needed to weigh the pros with the cons and the pros have won.... I hope you are doing well and have a great time back to work..I know the one thing I did miss the most was the pay..

Hello mate, I fully empathise. If it's any consolation you can always PM me or post on the NMP forums when you get home from work and tell us all about your day, any stresses and strains. We can learn to laugh them off. Good luck at returning to work, it is a significant step in your recovery and you should be very pleased with yourself.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi Lion King
    It is normal to feel some anxiety when venturing into the unknown. I know how intimidating things can be but whatever happens you have all of us here at NMP to help get you through it. PsychoPoet is right- you can post everything here and we'll all be here for you no matter what happens !
    Good Luck
    Love Bluebelle

hi lion king I posted the same post as you last week and had to go back to work today I did have a 2mg diazepam as advised by my doctor but it wasnt half as bad as I thought it would be I work in A GPs surgery and just took my time you will be fine and dont forget to congratulate yourself when you done your day xx good luck let me know how you get on

hi, im off work at the moment as well for anxiety and i think thats a thought that has been keeping me anxious, but i have a relapse ina nxiety before in the past and as far i as i remenber i was nervous but went in and was fine after that. These time round seems harder i am startin diazapame 2mg once daily when required so i hope it gives me the strengh i need to move on from this terrible episode and to get on with my life. I u feel ur ready for it go it.
    Keep us posted please

Good luck with your first day back.Im sure youll be fine once you get back into the swing of things.Let us know how it goes.Luv Sue

Thanks for all your support,

This website has been fantastic for me, it is a real comfort in a time of need!

I will keep you all posted how tomo goes!

Lion King

Hi all,

First day back and now its over, I was quite anxious as I didn't know how I was going to be in different situations. I was tense and struggled with breathing at times but realised that it was the first time i had been exposed to the stress with the new techniques, this was always going to be hard but with practice the exposure will lessen the anxiety as I learn to hone the breathing techniques and thought strategies so I can remain relaxed in most situations.

I am feeliing quite relaxed but still trying to remain positive even though it is difficult!

Hope you are all well

Lion King

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information