Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Men's problem down below

Re: Spot on mans area

It's not sore it's like a pimple. I've been feeling the area and worry about anything unusual.

It's been a week or two I've noticed it when showering I think oh is it a lump but it just appears to be a red pimple. Not sure if it's just one but probably.

As a general rule of thumb, if anything goes wrong with my man parts I have it looked at. But is there anything wrong? If it's bugging you get it looked at.

Yes I'm not sure if I should worry or not. Not sure what could cause these spots or spot.

Now I'm not trying to steer you from going to the doctors, but I have had red dots on various parts down there. No pain at all. Turned out to be an ingrown hair each time. I don't remember how I finally determined that was the case. I think I was squeezing around too much one night. Ended up uncovering the hair and plucked it.

Pretty disgusting eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    Now I'm not trying to steer you from going to the doctors, but I have had red dots on various parts down there. No pain at all. Turned out to be an ingrown hair each time. I don't remember how I finally determined that was the case. I think I was squeezing around too much one night. Ended up uncovering the hair and plucked it.

Pretty disgusting eh?
    I'm not keen on going to the doctors but will wait and see. How long would it take to clear up? I'm sure I've had spots there before. Could it be an ingrown hair then? My girlfriend says it's maybe the kind of soap I use I wash down there a lot. Problem is if you google there's not much symptoms and it could be serious without knowing so I keep worrying.

When I was in the shower I noticed it a bit less. It's still there but perhaps its shrinking now?

Nobody here can tell you what it is, if it's shrinking or if you should worry. At best we can have guesses as to what it might be.

It doesn't sound like anything serious at all but I would reckon a quick visit to your doctor to be told that is far more productive than obsessing over it and looking for scare stories online, wouldn't you?

Gary's advice is spot on (no pun intended).

I had a hard lump inside my tongue that I noticed yesterday. It didn't hurt or anything but I had two choices:

1) Worry about it for ages, google what it could be, think the worst but hope for the best. Constantly monitor it etc
    OR
    2) Go to a trained GP who can quickly tell me whether it's nothing or sinister.

I did the latter. I called the doctors and said that I have a lump in my tongue so I would like to book in for a GP to see it. I was lucky and I got an appointment that afternoon where the GP told me it was nothing to worry about and it was just a benign cyst. Worry over.

I'm not keen on going to the doctor. I might wait and see if it clears up I'm
    Not one for going to the doctor but I'm worried it's serious and I could die or something.

Are spots common there. Perhaps if I had more symptoms I would require and doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Not one for going to the doctor but I'm worried it's serious and I could die or something.

Are spots common there. Perhaps if I had more symptoms I would require and doctor?
    I'm not one for paid reassurance but if you're that concerned, then just go to the doctor

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information