Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Important Notice About Meet-ups - Please Read

Important Notice About Meet-ups - Please Read

Please be aware that this is an open site where you do not know who people really are and what they are here for.

If you arrange a meet-up then make sure other people are attending as well in an open meeting place and not at someone's house unless you know them very well.

Please be sensible about meeting a stranger from an online website and these pointers may help:

1) Do make sure you have chatted to the person on msn or on the phone, don't arrange things simply over PMs

2) Never go alone!!! Even if they are from the forum, at your age, it's not wise. If you were 18, then yeah your older, wiser and have some level of self awareness, but at 14/15, not very wise. Always best to meet up at a public place where there are other people around, or at least someone else you know.

3) If someone is eager to meet you, and keeps bothering you to meet up, then there is something wrong! What's the urgency? Err on the side of caution. Maybe ask other people on the forum about that person, so you can get a second opinion, preferably someone who knows or has met that person before.

4) Don't give your mobile phone number to anyone you're not sure about, even if they insist, especially if they are much older than you.

5) Never give your address or home phone number to anyone!!! Period...there is no need for it!

6) If you feel uncomfortable by someone on the forum, and it is bothering you, make sure you contact an Admin on NMP. No one should make others feel intimidated or scared.

Please just be safe and careful ok?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Important Notice About Meet-ups - Please Read

Very good advice Nicola better safe than sorry , thankyou x

Great advice Nic, think it's brilliant that these crucial pointers have been made clear! Thanks

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

Great advice Nicola
    So important to be safe
    Best wishes
    june
    Last edited by june; 03-06-09 at 13:09. Reason: spellimg

firstly id like to say i only registered here about an hour ago....yes i have tried other sites but somehow this already feels safe coz i had bad experience in a chatroom(set up for people with depression) which left me very shaken and more vunerable than i already felt

very good post as there are a lot of young vulnerable people on here also everyone is to you can never be too careful thank you

Ummm theres a whole gang of us meeting up at mine on bonfire night!!!! (well 7th Nov) Ive been giving peeps my address etc!!!

Dont normally have meet ups at home but with Pickle09 coming to stay it seemed easier!!!

I hope Im not in trouble for doing this

Kaz x x x

Could someone admin please reassure me im not in poop for organising a meet at home??????

Kaz x x x

Kazzie,

I'm sure you have spoken to the people you have arranged to meet and know them pretty well, its more we ask you be careful if you were meeting on your own, you'll probably all have a lovely time.

and lets see some good pics of it.

di xx

Dont worry kazz.. its fine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information