Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: diazepam

diazepam

hi, i have been prescribed diazepam 2mg once daily when required. The 1st thing is im to scared to take them at them moment as my anxiety problem was brought on by takin a antidepressant i didnt really want to take for ibs.

With the diazepam im scared that if i take it and i dont like the side effect or the effect it had how long those bad effects would last also when do i take it as at the moment im home feelin a bit tense but not really anxious or at least notmy most anxious, but when i do venture out i feel like i cant stay out long like for more then 5 mins and im wantin to leave a.s.a.p like i had to put money in the bank the cashier want to keep me talkin but i want to go . so do i take before i intend to go out?

Re: diazepam

You sound like me , i have a fear of taking new meds ! I have been on diazapam the same dosage as you and i found it a great help. Don,t worry it will be fine , it will make you feel relaxed and it takes the edge of the anxiety. This is why they don,t give you to many because they can become addictive to some people and i can understand why ! Nothing will happen just take one and see. Do what i do and take it when someone is with you and trust me after a while you will be feeling ok ! Just take one when you need it, i still have 2 left from last year for emergencys. And yes take it before you need to go out good luck x

im strugglin work out when i need it, i thought i need it this mornin as i said with the bank etc as i could concentrate i was hypersensitive. Im thinkin may b i should try takin it this evenin? as i find im puttin of goin to bed cus im dred the thought or wakin up anxious was thinkin also as im that worried about the side effect i could just try and sleep it off i had any. its the whole takin them then living with the consequences im worried about . what do think?

Thank for ur help, i appreciate it

its my cousins 3rd birthday party and i would like to go to that with out wantin to go home with in 5mins

i was building myself up in anxiety so only took half even just swallowing the half has made me feel anxious how long does it take to work? im feelin a fuzzy not sure i like it or its part of my anxiety or wot? should it relax me not make me feel fuzzy ?

if i feel ok with this half, if i need another one will take the other had and mayb then i will confident enought to take a whole one, just been building my self up in terror with takin them as i want to be able to feel comfortable not so tensed up and be able to relax

still feeling anxious slightly as i keep questing feeling normal, i keepin thing this feels normal then i over analyse it, which make me feel slighty anxious my face dont feel as tense but more for head is still tingliny which i have notice get worce when in anxious or slightly tired... when i say normal i mean pre anxiety. Still don't feel relaxed and still have the though of is this right, is that right

hi, well i managed to go to my boyfriends and spent about an hr n half with him at his flat and felt pretty much ok, it has been the most comfortable i have felt in another place apart been at home. im hopin if i cant feel like this with out having to take another diazepam again that will be fantastic! i am worried about soo called hang overs from these or feelin worse 2morrow but each day at a time will try to keep u posted so people who are scared of takin it like i was can get a sence of how its effected me... i am also scared that i will get addicted as just to feel like this from half a 2mg tablet be able to go out he is a about a 15min drive away and spend 1hr n half there meant the world to me

Please relax and feel safe to take the diazepam as your doctor has prescribed. You are on the lowest dose, which takes about 20 minutes to have affect, and lasts about 4-6 hours. I have used it for years, just to take the edge off when my anxiety is at its worst. During the day, it takes tension away. At night, if I take it just before bed, it makes me feel pleasantly relaxed and I float off to sleep. There have been concerns about diazepam being addictive, but that is because it used to be very over-prescribed and people were on huge doses. If you trust your doctor and use it as he has said, you should be fine.

lol i dont know which doc in our so called super surgery is my doc, its very hard to see the same dc each time but im farely confident in the dr i saw... he told me to take 1 x diazepam 2mg once daily as required but was really nervous even terrified to take it after my bad experiance with setraline which start this for me so i only took half. but i feel that half has done so much for me today i think it the long life that frightened me the most...

i am try to go with it n keep relaxed......i guess im so desperate to get to my normal bubblyself anxiety free

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information