Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: diazepam

Re: diazepam

HI sunndyd,

I have anxiety in the morning, sometimes stronger one day than the next. In some cases you can distract yourself from the anx but this doesn't always work, it depends how strong it is. Other ways is to do some form of mediatation or relaxation exercise, I keep hearing yoga is good but don't fancy wearing a leotard! I do find the anx gets worse when I am not busy as my mind goes into overtime, so I ahve to make an effort to do this even when I can't be bothered ( a good kick up the backside normally works or some explosives! ).

I have taken diazepam a couple of times in the early days when I was stiff as a board and couldn't relax, they weren't brilliant but I think Kalms worked quite well, I think its valerium extract that does the trick to calm the nerves!

Hope you start feeling better soon

Lion King

lol i hope i start to feel better soon and i do feel like im stiff as a board im just hoping the night time is the best time for me as my nieces is having a third birthday 2morrow just worries me that people say they last 4-6 hrs and im only been told to take one daily im pretty sure there is more then 4-6hrs in a day lol last one i had was about 5pm ish yesterday so im try my hardest to cope til tonight i wanna get this right so i can get on track.... and recover thanks for your support
    p.s. i cant wait to be able to get into that chat room

NOt tried the chat room yet, I will have to check it out!

Hi,
    Just wanted to say,Diazepam has been a life saver for me,I've been taking it on a daily basis for about 18 months now.
    I was very worried about addiction and tolerance,(thats when you get used to the dose and need to take more to get the same effect) so I had a long chat with a couple of my Docs. they both said that addiction and tolerance only click after you've been on very high doses up to 15mg per day is safe.
    2mg is quite a small dose so don't be worried about taking it,it can only do you good.
    Oh and btw, as a bonus I found it also helped my IBS.
    PM me if you need to.

Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by decca; 05-12-09 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by decca View Post
    Hi,
    Just wanted to say,Diazepam has been a life saver for me,I've been taking it on a daily basis for about 18 months now,started on 2mg per day for a while then dropped down to 1mg per day which I still take.
    I was very worried about addiction and tolerance,(thats when you get used to the dose and need to take more to get the same effect) so I had a long chat with a couple of my Docs. they both said that addiction and tolerance only click after you've been on 6mg per day for a while.
    2mg is quite a small dose so don't be worried about taking it,it can only do you good.
    Oh and btw, as a bonus I found it also helped my IBS.
    PM me if you need to.

Good luck and God bless.
    lol seems to to be making my tummy dodgy lol i took it last night and before i drift off i have a panic attack i think where i feel like i cant breath the have to wake up the go to sleep and 5mins later

just got back from the dr's again, she said to take it in the morning instead which is what i thought i should be doing in the 1st place and if i need one later in the day i can take an extra one but going to try stick to one aday

I think you should perhaps visit your GP again. I have take Diazepam for anxiety/panic attacks in the past but here, the use of Diazepam is only recommended for short term use and that would be roughly two weeks. Honestly, she seems a stange GP if she is practically telling you to take another one when it suits. I mean I was given 4 mg (two tablets one 2mg in the morning and one in the evening) and was told to stick to what was prescribed.
    I'd go back and explain you are still experiencing anxiety and perhaps she will look at your doseage and explain also you do not want to become addicted because seriously, it's a great short term help but not for long term useage. Hope you feel better soon xxx

to be honest i have been really confused about taking it.
    i took one this morning but i don't feel like its made much of a difference apart from making me feel sleepy! I'm so confused! before i didn't know if it worked because they where telling me to take it at night!

i had such a fear of taking new meds and was put on cipralex and given diazapam to take the egde of the increased anxiety diazapam dosent stop you from having a panic attack of being anxious if you really wind yourself of it just takes the edge of it all. If you was to take diazapam when not feeling that anxious its more than likely to make you sleep!!

spoke to the dr as got myself worked up have to got to dr tomorrow morning gunna put me on antidepressants to also had to take another diazepam, just felt like i cam so far and im goin backwards

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information