Thread: Concentration, confusion...?

Smile Concentration, confusion...?

Hi guys. Please be gentle, I'm new

I'm 37 and on my 2nd term of citalopram, 1st one was many years ago. Dosage is 20mg. I had the usual side effects before (nausea, etc - but this, I find, is helped by taking meds before bed and not in morning) but this time I have a problem with real concentration problems, confusion, forgetfulness, odd behaviour (e.g: I put my phone in the fridge ) and it's causing problems at work and at home. I'm even annoying myself

Anyone else have similar problems?

Re: Concentration, confusion...?

Hi Sandster and welcome .Yes Im afraid at times I feel the same ,but it is Im afraid one of those things that can happen on this stuff.However I find Im not as bad as I was,so theres hope or should I say a glimmer ,that things will improve the longer you take them.Im sorry you are made to feel worse about this from your job and home perspective but ,id just try and make a joke about it where you can.Writing things down you need to do or remember can help as well.Luv Sue

Hi, I reckon it's more likely these things are caused by the stress of what you are going through rather than the medication. Doing random, silly, forgetful things is a classic sign of an occupied mind. We've all been there before

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Im under no stress whatsoever and have always managed to mutitask in the past and have never had these symptoms until I took this stuff. I have spoken to others about this problem whilst taking cit and I assure you it is a side effect.You are one of the fortunate ones Poet and just because you dont have this problem personally doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Sue x

this time I have a problem with real concentration problems, confusion, forgetfulness, odd behaviour (e.g: I put my phone in the fridge )

me for last year or so

Yes I have forgetfullness and loss of concentration too on citalopram and like you it is my 2nd time on it. It is nothing to worry about though so please dont be scared about it. You just need to think a bit harder to try remember things xx

I had an excellent memory (okay that sounds big-headed!) until I went on citalopram, and I do find myself losing things and them turning up in unusual places. Nice knowing it's not just me!

Thread Information