Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for the ladies, anyone taken cerazette?

One for the ladies, anyone taken cerazette?

I am having terrible periods, painful and heavy bleeding so GP has advised I try the mini pill - cerazette. I was on the combined pill when I was about 19, I hated being on it, worried far too much about the side effects, DVT frightens me alot because I know of someone who was on the pill and had a clot when she was very young.

My GP has told me to try cerazette which is the pill with only one hormone in it so he said there are no risks of DVT or anything.

Has anyone taken this pill with no problems?

Re: One for the ladies, anyone taken cerazette?

yes hun and i still take it, now it takes a while to kick in, i bled all the time for about 2 months, and now i have a period about once every 3 months for about a day sometimes two.

I think its brill.

di xx

I was on this for about two months a few years ago and i bled nearly every week in this time for a few days at a time, i eventually went back on the other pill take for 21 days then stop for 7 and i am fine on these.

Thanks.

Can I ask Di did you have a reason for going on it other than contraception needs? I don't need it for contraception, my GP thinks it will help with the awful period pains and IBS that flares up during my period.

Sure aimee, i'm 40 and smoke so i wasn't allowed any other and this one works so well for me i wish i had gone on it years ago.

di xx

I just hope it will help with my symptoms.

Thanks Di.

Aimee,

it takes time, just bear with it, it takes time to get in your system, but it is safe and will eventually calm your symptoms, i get no stomach cramps or anything with it, but only once it kicks in.

feel free to pm me anytime

di xx

Thanks Diane x

Went back to GP today, I am seeing gynae monday to have the polyp looked at but GP wants me to mention how painful my periods are. I have been battling with the pain long enough, my GP thinks it is endometreosis and that I really need to tell the gynae and go back to see him next week after seeing the gynae so I can get myself started on cerazette. Those of you with endo do you think this will help?

I have a fear of taking the pill, daft I know but I know someone who was on the combined pill many years ago and she had a DVT and was told it could well of been due to her being on the pill. Am I right in thinking though that cerazette doesn't carry the risk of DVT etc.. due to it containing only one hormone? I can't see anything about risks of DVT in the BNF

I shall be having a proper chat with my GP next week when I go back.

I am so not looking forward to monday, never been to gynae before.

when i first started taking the pill i had to have my blood checked for thrombosis as my mum has suffered with this in the past, maybe you can ask your doc to see if they can check your blood to see if it clots ok if you want to change to the combined pill again. I struggled with cerazette for two months before i finally had enough and changed to ovrantette i was on this for a good 5 years before i changed my pill to an acne one as i had a strange flare as a reaction to injections i had,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information