Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self CBT

Thanks Piglet

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
    If all this speaking to ourselves negatively has made our anxiety worse then it stands to reason that speaking postively should redress the balance.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by Piglet - 02 September 2005 : 17:03:54</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Exactly my philosophy!

I firmly believe that the affirmation cards are a good idea too. Much of where we go wrong is in forgetting to practice, and that's all it is, practice. And practice makes perfect. When you've got all these reminders dotted all around the house, in your car, at your desk at work, then it's going to be a help. It's just the bit where you have to explain them to everybody that I don't like.

I've used affirmations on and off (well, probably all the time to some extent even if not realising it) for years and they do help. Is there a page with Affirmations on on this site? There should be. Maybe a thread for them would be a good idea that everyone can add to, I may just do that if I can break through my incurable laziness and dig some up.

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=coping

Well volunteered Mico.. Thanks.

Then we can transfer them and add a new page under inspiration and motivation.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Ooh good idea - Mico do have a go and and i'll see if I can add some too.

Love Pig xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information