Thread: Hi everyone, another newbie here!

Unhappy Hi everyone, another newbie here!

Hi everyone, I've just found this forum, I hope it'll be very useful. I'm in my 40s and by now I should be mature and confident but I'm still suffering from a life-long problem with anxiety and lack of self-confidence.

Recently my problems have come to the fore as I'm the sole carer for my elderly mother who has recently been diagnosed with the early onset of dementia. The news has really freaked me out and instead of worrying about her I'm worrying about me. I really do need to be strong now to help her but I'm finding it so difficult and the problems are taking over my entire thoughts so much so that I'm losing sleep and it's affecting my work.

I'm hoping that I can find good advice and support here. I'll take a look around to see what I can find, but maybe I might soon post a new thread in one of the other forums to discuss my problems in more detail.

Regards, Dave

Re: Hi everyone, another newbie here!

Hi I am new and have just joined today seems to be a lot of good advice on here. I would recommend speaking to friends or loved ones it really helps and see a doctor as you have someone else to care for as well. I wish you all the best and let me know how it goes

Thread Information