Thread: Starting to feel like me again.

Starting to feel like me again.

Well I wouldn’t say I’m over things just yet but things are defiantly looking up. Firstly I’m no longer petrified of going to work, and seeing that’s what I have to do most days that a great help. I think I just realised that I’ve got to get on with things and that the worlds not going to wait for me.

I’ve also just finished reading “What to say when you talk to yourself” as recommended on this website. It’s an interesting read. There’s no great secret behind the message in the book but it really makes you look at the way thought processes and beliefs come about. I think everyone would benefit from reading it and not just those who suffer from anxiety or depression.

Then on Thursday I got a phone call from a group who are setting up an anxiety workshop in my town. I’m absolutely amazed that the local authority have pulled their finger out and set something up! I was only referred to them about 4 week ago! This is starting a week on Friday. I’m looking forward to meeting people with similar problems face to face because however much our friends and family give us love and understanding they never really know what we’re going through.

So there we go, I’ve had a good week and I hope yours wasn’t too bad.

Pxx

Well done P, keep going and keep reading lots of info, the workshop sounds great!!. let us know how it goes is that arranged through your GP?. Kirst X

Great news Parker!! You are so lucky that they're setting up that workshop - wish we had something like that here!! Keep up the good work

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Kirst,

Yeah I was referred by my GP. I’m very lucky because she’s very pro-active and down to earth (she’s got a mouth on her like a fishwife). Last time I went to see her she gave the number of this place called the “Healthy Mind Centre” based in Bury St Edmunds. There’re the ones running this course.

Glad you had a good week.

Good luck at the workshop - post and let us know what happens there and what info they give you etc.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Parker,

So glad to hear you are progressing well. The self help group sounds good - let us know how that goes.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thread Information