Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THINK B4 YOU SPEAK

THINK B4 YOU SPEAK

hiya Guys,

I was at a party on the 1st of January and one women (who i wont name) said to me

You are awful skinny blah blah blah blah

I never replied just looked at her (the room was full of people)
    but she kept banging on until my sister in law (who is pregnant) said

I hope i lose the weight as quickly

My question is if I had trouble losing the weight after my baby would she have banged on (nastily) in the same way??

I don't think so - do you??

Lucky

Hi Lucky

Its called envy

People come up to me and go "ooh aren't you thin" (well they did until this last year, when I finally managed to put some weight on)

How rude

One person kept doing it. Repeatedly. Eventually (and I don't recommend you do this - I was under the influence of alcohol and very tired/stressed at the time)they said "ooh aren't you thin" once too often.

It's not very often I loose the plot, but I'm afraid on this occassion I did. I let myself down and retorded as follows

I may be slim, but I can put weight on whenever I choose. You, however will always be ugly.

(Thanks Oscar Wilde).

I can say that it worked - the person never called me thin again.

Although come to think of it, they haven't actually spoken to me since that incident! Mind you, I'm not bothered.

I'd love to loose a few pounds. For years my weight stabilised at 10 st 2 (I'm nearly 6 ft tall). Now its gone up to 11 st and I can't shift it. And I've not altered my eating habits either!

Make the most of being thin whilst you can, and stick two fingers up at those who have a problem with it. Life is too short

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

The retort about being ugly I must admit flashed through my mind though!!!

Love
    Lucky

Charlie,

Some people prefer thin people some people prefer bigger people. (i mean in relationships) I have no problem with that at all - fair enough!
    What i do have a problem with is when it gets personal and verges on plain flippin nasty!!!
    Maybe i am too sensitive

lucky

Lucky

No I empathise. You are what you are, and as somebody who has always been very self conscious about herself (particularly looks), I really don't think people realise the harm they can do with a comment. Even a well intentioned one.

Maybe everybody should adopt the mantra, If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't bother saying anything at all!

Love

Charlie

I am definitely not thin but I can understand how it can get upsetting when people make comments. I have the opposite problem and people used to think I was pregnant.

A few years ago, the next door neighbour asked me when the baby was due and so did the woman down the local shops.

You know the badge that says "I am not fat I am pregnant", well I need one that says "I am not pregnant, I am FAT" - lol

I still do look about 3 months pregnant so back on the diet now!

Nicola

Conratulations nic, you never mentioned it on the chat site !

Neil

Neil

Don't go there mate

The last thing I need right now is a baby thanks!

Nicola

It must be wind or a big poo then

[]

neal

YUCK neil, like we'd want to know that, well maybe some of us do, but not me.

hugs Rachel xx

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information