Thread: panic/anxiety attacks same thing or different

panic/anxiety attacks same thing or different

I have been suffering with anxiety for a few years now on and off and just after christmas it cam back big style, i do seem to be getting it under control but do have the off days..

The thing is i don't get the hyperventilation but i get this feeling like i am being suffocated but i get an intense feeling of being scared and my shoulders go sooo tight and then my heart pounds..I have an obsession with my heart and constantly feel my pulse to make sure it is beating properly cos i do get palpitations and eptopics but sometimes i get this feeling as if my heart is slowing down as if it is going to stop.Does anyone else get this..i then start to panic jump up then my heart races.I have had a bad couple of weeks but i can put my finger on why it's because my younger brother has been very ill and i have been so worried so i'm sure it is just panic/anxiety but sometimes i convince myself it's my heart and i'm going to be ill....

Re: panic/anxiety attacks same thing or different

Panic attacks can have loads of symptoms, like feeling sick, heart racing, tightness in chest/shoulders, burning sensations in arms and legs possibly for some this also occurs in their groin area, making you feel like you want the loo, shortness of breath, feeling faint, weak legs, felling like you are going to die, or even have a heart attack.
    The feelings of anxiety are different slightly, for me at least, it's when you can actually diferentiate between them that you can start to work on them to help alleviate them.

When i get anxious, i feel sick, dont want to go out anywhere, feel trembly on the inshide sometimes, actually get the shakes sometimes, my heart races, i feel like something bad is gonna happen, mainly to me, like im gona have a heart attack etc. I know this maybe different for you. I would recommend you get the books by Dr Clair Weekes, if you can do what she says and beleive in it, you will be on the road to recovery. You can actually beat this panic disorder, you just have to have the right tools.

Hope this helps you,
    Tracy.

Thread Information