Thread: Very Slow Heart Rate - Help please :S

Very Slow Heart Rate - Help please :S

Hi

I've been getting chest pain and vibrations from my chest for the past several weeks sine my first panic attack(thinking i was having a heart attack), i went to my GP and they said it was nothing to worry about, its gotten worse the past week, so i went back to my GP today, she took my bloood pressure and listened to my heart, and took my pulse and it was 60, she's scheduled me for a 24hour ECG next week. She said my heart rate was slow, and i've been checking my pulse for the past few weeks to try and see if it was my heart making the vibrations in my chest, and over the last few weeks i've recorded my heart rate at 50 - 65. Is this too slow? especially, as im quite over weight, 21 stone, and im 6ft. and i dont do any excersise. Im a little worried about it being so slow.

If anyone can advise me that would be great.

Thanks

James

Re: Very Slow Heart Rate - Help please :S

Hi Jim

Is the chest pain constant, does it hurt when you press firmly against it?

Hi House Fan

The pain is below my left pectorial muscle close to the centre of my chest. and only occurs several times through the day, and feels like a cold stabbing pain. The vibration in my chest goes on for hours sometimes days at a time.

James

The pain you are feeling is the muscles within the chest wall, brought on by anxiety. Uncomfortable but completely normal under the circumstances. The panic attack has really shaken you up, and you now have a 'fixation' about your heart, and will be monitoring it's every beat for a while. Once again, completely normal.

Bradycardia is a condition when the heart beats less than 60 times per minute. This is normal cardiac activity and poses no threat to life. In fact, providing your heart rate is over 40, the slower your heart beats the better, as it predicts long life!

Your BP is obviously ok, no other symptoms like fatigue, dizzyness or lightheadedness, then your body is working exactly as it should be.

I hope this reassures you a bit.

House.

Thread Information