Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PANIC.......HELP! Throat issues

PANIC.......HELP! Throat issues

Hello

Me again. Now I have a problem with my throat. It came from nowhere, was feeling fine, and then all of a sudden my throat on the left hand side starting hurting. It feels like something is stuck but then it came on a long time after I ate anything. It really hurts to swallow. Have tried to eat a piece of bread in case there was something stuck, but that was just agony to eat, it hurts to drink. Strepsils do nothing. It feels like it is a pain a bit lower than where you get a sore throat pain. It hurts to drink. It is not red but is killing me and I am panicing it is my windpipe and it is going to close up over night

Please help me

Re: PANIC.......HELP! Throat issues

Hiya,
    Could be tonsilitis, this is the kind of pain I have when I have had tonsilitis. Pop in to see your GP and if it is, they will prescribe you some antibiotics to get rid of it.
    It really is horrible so I do sympathise.
    xxx

Agreed with mummyto4, it sounds like either tonsillitis or a throat infection that has led to a swollen gland. I've had this at least 4 times in the past year or so, the latest being only a couple of weeks ago.

See your gp and if it is, they will give prescribe you some antiobiotics (usually penicillin, unless you're allergic)

And yes, as mummy said, it is horrible, so I also sympathise.

Hello, I don't have any tonsils!!! Had them out when I was 8. What is worrying me is the fact it came on so suddenly and it doesn't feel like a normal sore throat, I am kinda croaky and am worried something is trapped..... thanks for your replies :(

I'd say that rules out tonsilitis then!! could you possibly have scratched your throat with something you have eaten? It could possibly still be a throat infection, I'd go to your gp and get checked out tomorrow, or if you are terribly worried tonight, maybe nhs direct? Let us know how you get on hun.
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by mummyto4 View Post
    I'd say that rules out tonsilitis then!! could you possibly have scratched your throat with something you have eaten? It could possibly still be a throat infection, I'd go to your gp and get checked out tomorrow, or if you are terribly worried tonight, maybe nhs direct? Let us know how you get on hun.
    xx
    Am I not right in thinking that having your tonsils taken out can actually make throat infections more frequent and severe.

The tonsils act as part of the immune system to help protect against infection. With them gone, more bacteria is going to enter your throat, making you more vunerable to throat infections.

I wake up with this sorta of pain in the throat after I have been drinking or if I I have been run down. One sided sore throat I call it and it is agony swallowing. Oh,I get it sometimes too if I have swallowed toothpaste aswell. And it burns kinda.

Have you cried or shouted or anything. you can irritate your throat from all sorts of things,I'm sure you are alright love xxx

Nothing like that I can think of, don't want to go to sleep in case I don't wake up :(

Quote Originally Posted by fairyloveheart View Post
    Nothing like that I can think of, don't want to go to sleep in case I don't wake up :(
    Don't think that, hunni. That's a completely irrational thought. It's your anxiety that is giving you trouble breathing. Sleep, for me, always seems to solve the problem. A good, long sleep leaves me waking up feeling refreshed and a clear mind. Don't be worried about sleeping, your body will breathe for itself fine when it needs to. Nothing is gonna block millions of years of natural survival instinct.

Take care hunni x

I don't know about the pain but you should sleep with no fear of your throat closing up, this is IMPOSSIBLE. It's physically IMPOSSIBLE for this to happen so sleep will allow you to physically and mentally recouperate.

I get pains in my throat after excessive swallowing but not like that, because it's cartiledge it is tough and resilient. I wouldn't rule out something like strep throat or whatever and if it persists then do get a professional opinion but right now you'd do yourself a favour to remain calm and take stock of the situation. All the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information