Thread: Wanting to introduce myself....

Wanting to introduce myself....

Hi, I just wanted to say hello and to tell you a little about myself. I am 43, married with 1 son, and had my first anxiety attack when I was 22. Since then, it has turned into full-blown panic disorder. I have gone through periods of 2 to 3 years before where I was panic free, usually when I was very fit and active. Over the past 5 years, I've had to take medication to help control the attacks because I have them several times a day, every day. As far as therapy is concerned, I haven't had much luck with that. If I knew why it happens, maybe I could make it stop. That seems to be the dilemma. Could be that I've worked in medical clinics for almost 20 years and have let the "privilege of knowledge" affect me. Oh well, enough of that. It's nice to be here and I hope to hear from some of you from time to time and hopefully I can give support to you guys as well. Take care!

Re: Wanting to introduce myself....

chica
    Firstly hi and welcome to the site. you sound very similar to my self, we are around about the same age, i have one child a son also, my problem started in my early twentys, and i too have a medical background, which doesnt do me any favours when it comes to my anxiety.i have explored the possibility if i hadnt become a nurse would i have an anxiety disorder, and i think i probably would have, because i think its in my genes, but i think its made it a whole lot worse with all that 'knowledge'.but i suppose 'what ifs' kinda do no good , we have to live in the here and now
    I wish you well in your recovery and perhaps we can catch up another time

P x

Thread Information