Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: muscle twitches / jerks?

muscle twitches / jerks?

hey all, ok i am still worrying about MS . I know muscle twitches are a common symptom of anxiety but are muscle jerks? i have been getting them for a while i just dont think i noticed hem before. I have just been sat down with my son and my leg just jumps slightly or i get like a pop in my arm or a little jump. I have been feeling really really tired & dizzy in the past 3 days and my eye has started to twitch too. Im reallyy really scared its MS please reassure me i have managed to stay off google so far xx

Re: muscle twitches / jerks?

Are you getting enough sleep? When I am sleep deprived over a day or two I get muscles that jump beyond the usual twitching.

i am very tired i have a young baby and lately have been feeling like i could fall asleep at any point. It only happens when im resting :( im so worried

what constitutes a twitch? is it a little jump or a flutter?

i am pretty sure if anxiety can cause muscle twitches, then it can cause muscle jerks, or whatever it wants to cause. i was getting twitches and the jerks too, i tried to let them run thier course and ignore them as much as possible, then i started worrying about some other things and of course after my worry shifted, i stopped getting the jerks, now if i can just stop worrying about all of my disturbing sympoms maybe they would all go away as well???

Hello tash,

It is very common to have muscle twitches with anxiety. I have experienced this myself and like you was very concerned.. It seemed to be more noticeable when I was 'relaxed' - either sitting down or in bed. After a few months they disappeared, but they do return from time to time when I am feeling stressed. You will find a lot of threads about muscle twitches, because it is such a common symptom which runs alongside anxiety. You have been stressed lately, and of course you must be tired being a new mum. It is difficult to ignore these symptoms, but do try to accept them as a normal response to anxiety.

I'm almost too ashamed to admit this but I also get twitches in my neck when I'm lying in bed, my head will jerk up only a tiny fraction but it because I've been swallowing excessively all day and now the muscles are unwinding, at least thats what I tell myself, I would be mortified if it got any worse. It also happens if I spent alot of time alone-which I do anyway and then someone will walk through the door and I'll start speaking to them and my head will jerk back again, just the tiniest movement but really disconcerting. Unlike the swallowing I don't think about it all the time and yes it's worse if I'm tired or overstimulated.

Take care

so a twitch can also be a little jump? thanks guys its so so reassuring to know others get it xxxx

Hey Tash,

I really do see a lot of me when you post... these are the things I went through when I was suffering with HA/OCD

I would start to fall asleep and my arm would twitch and jerk also when I was sitting my left leg would jerk as well, I also thought I had MS

I made my dr send me to a neuro !! he did some basic tests on me like me walking in a straight line and such and said I was 100% fine, of course after that I started to think I could not get my words out properly and I would not play catch ball with my hubby cos if i missed the ball I thought it was more signs of ms..... sigh I'm sending you a hug.

Long story short Twitching and jerky movements are linked to excess stress on the body.

my bub is dues in three months. i wanted to ask you a question, I was sitting down the other day and my bub felt like she was having a 1 second fit in my belly, it's happened a few times and i only just thought maybe this is not good, she is always kicking and such...... have you ever felt your bub move like that???

All the best Joyce

Eye twitches and muscle spasms can be due to low thyroid levels too. If you are concerned, there is a simple and inexpensive blood test to check for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information