Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insomnia!

Have u tried a night without the aids to see how u are in the morning (it was possibly a short term thing)

I got a wee lavender pack from tesco which had a candle, some pot pouri for your room and a lavender sachet that you put under your pillow. Not too overpowering and very relaxing

I hope u get a decent sleep soon

love
    lucky

Hi BB,

Essential oils are the concentrated oils that comes from pressing various plants. Many of these have healing properties.

Some are good for infection ie tea tree
    Others for respiratory conditions ie euculyptus
    Others for calm and sleep - as above

Thay are used in a variety of ways -
    a few drops in a bath
    in water in an oil burner
    diluted in a carrier oil for massage
    and many more.

There are loads of books and websites on aromatherapy.

Most chemists/ supermarkets carry some sort of range.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

quote:Originally posted by twister

I have some lavender that I just shake a few drops of on to my pillow at night - be careful not to overdo it though you'll give yourself a headache! You can buy it in health shops or Boots.

Boots also do some really nice pillow and linen sprays to help you sleep. I have a lavender and cedarwood and a nutmeg and peppermint spray. I can't sleep without them now. They also do a candle in the lavender smell. Also (I sound like an advert for boots!) they do a special 'Sleep' range of essentials oils and stuff but I havent tried those.

Emily
    Cheers for this Emily and everyone else for your tips. Did indeed sleep a bit better last night. [|)]

I've been trying a few lavender oil drops, but I'm starting to think it smells more like olbas oil than lavender now.... maybe i'm going mad or does anyone else agree? [?]

p.s. Emily, did you used to go to WCHS btw? You look v. familiar!

Hi, I am new to the site and would like to offer my experience with essential oils. I was "certified" in medicinal aromatherapy 2 years ago in southern Provence France after studying with a well know German Doctor on the subject. I just posted tonight my pA problems. I use all of the oils Meg suggested and also find the Pines or conifers to be of great help. Think of being in a calm peaceful pine forrest....the smell is heartwarming. I take a nice hot shower and when I get out while my pores are still open, I put a pine oil such as white or black pine or a fir such as douglas , or a spruce like norway spruce on the bottom of my feet. Lavender on my chest. Patchouly is also calming and Vetiver as well. None of these oils are "hot" so they shouldnt hurt neet on the skin....if you are sensitive, use a carier oil such as grapeseed or sesame with the oils mixed in. I still have the PA, but I have just begun to take hold of myself and get rid of them. I am also a Reiki Master and foot reflexologist, I am great treating others but when it comes to me, it seems different. I am now trying to focus on me.

Blessings, Pam

Hiya Pam,

Great post. Thanks for the info.I am also located in the Us, if you don`t mind my asking, where are you located in the states? I am in Maryland. Funny how we can be so in control of other things in life, except for this disorder. I mean like yourself there are sooo many accomplished folks on here, that it would seem that people such as yourself would`nt have this problem. I guess there is no predjudice in anxiety/panic ey? It strikes people of every walk of life and every nationality. very intersting to say the least.

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information