Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going private for CBT. Any advice?

Hurrah ...Now to track down the ideal therapist !

Love
    Meg

Thats great news Nic,

Hope you find someone soon.

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Well I called PPP today and now I have to find someoone that they will approve but they don't have a list as such. I have to give them a name and then they check their list. If they are not on the list then I can't use them!

I will call the doctor on Monday and get a few names from him and hopefully one of them will be on PPP's list!

What a silly system - I could end up with anyone now! Just hope the one that the GP wanted me see is on the list.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thought it was too good to be true and it was!

Apparently I have to now be referred to a pyschiatrist and then he and only he can refer me for CBT so no idea what to do now. Got to find a psychotherapist from the doc and pay for that (can claim it back) and then he decides whether I can get CBT or not.

May as well pay for it after all this hassle!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Nic

What a lot of hassle. I know that is the way it works on the NHS but would've thought it would have been much more simple privately through health insurance.

Have you decided what you are going to do next?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Good luck Nic, it sounds like alot of hassle but hopefully will all be sorted and worth it in the end.
    I was referred twice by my gp to see a psychiatrist and both times was turned down for CBT as I was deemed not to be bad enough to need it. My gp was horrified and we wondered how bad you would need to be as at that time I was pretty bad.
    It's a pain you need this for the insurance. In the end I had and am now again having it privately but it's so expensive. If your insurance will pay it may be worth all the hassle in the end and as you won't be joining the NHS list they may be more willing to refer you anyway.
    Good luck,
    Lisa

Hi Nic,

cant believe all the hassle,
    I would go for it and see what they say anyway, while your waiting have a look around see if anyone can recomend someone to you incase it all goes pair shaped with GP,

just dont give up !

take care xxx

kairen x

Well I now can't get to see my doctor again until next Monday so I guess this will be dragging on for weeks anyway.

He did give me a list of therapist that I may be able to go and see so I will look into that if all else fails.

Nicola

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I was referred twice by my gp to see a psychiatrist and both times was turned down for CBT as I was deemed not to be bad enough to need it. My gp was horrified and we wondered how bad you would need to be as at that time I was pretty bad.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by LJ - 18 October 2005 : 11:44:24</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Yes this happened to me too and my doctor couldn't understand the decision either.

Nic, I hope you manage to get it sorted out soon. At least you can check out the therapists on the list and maybe get an idea of the one you might like to see.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Ok quick update

Saw doc on Monday and he referred me to a psychologist that is actually on the PPP list (yippee)

They were very hard on me when I called and questioned that because I actually drove to work whether I was ill enough to qualify for treatment.

Seems like if I was housebound I would be seen immediately.

Anyway - after a few harsh conversations they agree to pay IF I get referred. So now waiting to see the psychiatrist then HOPEFULLY she will refer me on.

Going to be at least another week now cos the Doctor's secretary is not in to type up the referral letter - HMMMM can't anyone else do it I ask myself.

Anyway - will let you know when I hear anything.

Thanks to those who have asked how it was going.

Nicola

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information