Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 weeks on them now

2 weeks on them now

ok so basically after having a really bad time i ve been switched from proxtine to citalopram (even though i should be on ESCcitalopram but my doctor said she can't give me that).

i work at a school for children with speical needs and was in a class for about 8-months where i was attacked everyday by the same 3 children until they moved me back in easter. ive felt really low since moving (some people say i have aspergors becasue i don't deal with change well. i ve tried to commit suicide twice (1st time was before i was before i was on the citalopram the second time was last week after my 1st week on citalopram).

i m back at work in the morning only in a diffirent class but i am finding it really hard. the worse times of the day for more are getting up in the morning and going to sleep. it takes me ages to get to sleep and without a sleeping tablet i can't sleep and then waking up is a nightmare. i wake up at 4 and just lie there hopeing time will stand still and i will not have to go to work.

i ve been told that the reason why i m finding it hard to gel with this new class is becasue i m being over proctected becasue i ve been attacked so much and this should get better. but i m starting to hate my job which i don't want to do becasue i do enjoy it

Re: 2 weeks on them now

Hi and to NMP. Sorry you have had such a bad time.You do sound like you are having side effects fom the Citalopram.The waking in the early hours is a problem for a while ,but it does get better,Well done for going to work feeling like you do.Im sure in a couple of weeks you will feel much better tho. You are bound to feellike you do for a while about your job,you have had a terrible experience and it will take time to get over.Keep posting ,im sure you will get plenty of support here and there is some really excellent information on the Main menu.Wishing you all the best .luv SUE

thanks for the note sue.

i think i made a massive mistake last night i just wanted to sleep so i told two nytol tablets (100mg) the ones you get from the chemist. i m having a pretty bad day i feel really tired i went down town with my mum and felt really spaced out and had a few suicide thoughs.

Hi ! when you take Nytol or Kalms, even Night nurse with Citalopram it is like taking a double dose.If you normally would take 2 tabs just take 1.Its no wonder you feel so tired.Hopefully they will be out of your system tommorow.If you continue to feel suicidal I would urge you to speak to your GP or phone NHS DIRECT. Suicidal thoughts can also be a side effect of Citalopram.Life will get better for you,you are just having a really bad time at the moment.I felt like you last year ,but Im so much better now.Just wait and see,!Take care of yourself ,and phone a friend or your Mum if you feel you cant cope. Hugs SUE X

so i ve taken 14 citalopram so far about to take my 15th tonight with dinner. today hasn't been easy but has been a little better. was a nightmare getting out of bed again. it felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach.

am worried about tomorrow as i feel about a 6 out of 10 at the moment but can see tomorrow when i go back to work being a nightmare.

the doctor has given me some respirodon(i don't know if thats how you spell it) to help me sleep at night

Glad to hear your Dr has given you something to help you sleep.If you go to work tommorow and dont feel well,ask if you can go home.You sound like you could do with another week off at least ,until the side effects stop.Has your Dr offered you any councelling as I think you would benefit from it? Hope you get on ok tommorow !take care LUV SUE

ok so i m having a really crap day well year the rate this is going. am on day 19 of citalopram. have been signed of work till after the summer hoildays in september so i can work on getting better but i still feel low the main two things are i can keep at something for longer than 30mins i get really cross with myself that i can't stick at things and the second thing is sleep with out a zipelcone i can't sleep all i keep thinking about is suicide when i m in bed. i m seeing two doctors at the moment a gp and a mental health one. the one from mental health has put me on amisulpride but i read up about that its for people who are schizophrenia. at night my stomach keeps churning up. i just want my old life back the one i had back in march where i was happy and didn't feel anything like this. would upping my dose from 20mg of citalopram to something like 30 or 40mg be better

Hi Im glad to hear you are off work until September .Im sure you will be feeling more like your old self by then. I really dont think upping your dose at the moment is a good idea. You need to let the dose you are on stabilise first.The drug amisulpride is also given on a low dose for anxiety,It is often perscribed along side SSRIs. The insomnia will go. Until then , just try to relax and get some rest. Dont just lay there feeling bad ,get up and get a drink,hot milk helps with sleep probs. Read or listen to a relaxation tape. You never know you might just drift off to sleep.Take care you wont feel like this forever. l uv Sue x

have been taking citalopram for 3 weeks and 2 days now. feel a little change not crying as much and touch wood haven't had any suicide feelings. still don't feel myself as last night i found it impossible to sit and watch anything on tv. still can't sleep and i m taking sleeping pills (having said that i managed to sleep sunday night without a tablet but it didn't feel like sleep). still get the horrible pain in the morning (a churning up) which gets better once i get on but then i become bored very quickly and it comes back.

going back in 2weeks to see the mental health team well the head doctor as i had a letter saying she wants to see me which i m guessing is good. by then i will have been on them 5 weeks. i have a good day sunday, not very good one last night but a little better today

Sounds very much that they are starting to take effect .The next week should bring more improvements.It s good you dont feel suicidal.(touch wood)By the time you go to see the menta;l health team you will have a better idea if the dose needs increasing. Until then try to keep occupied and maybe go out for a walk each day.It will make you feel less bored and the exercise is good for low moods. Keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.Its a slow process at first but you are taking steps forward now. Take care Sue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information