Thread: Let's feed off each others courage

Let's feed off each others courage

I know we all do negative posts, of course we do. I'm here everyday with something!! But for some of us everyday tasks take so much courage, 'normal' people don't understand!

I don't mean the saying "If I can do it, you can", I don't believe that but lets post something that we had to do that we didn't think we could, or would be able to! Regardless of how bad you felt, you did it!

So today I went to the shops. I was dreading it, it's hot & heat makes my anxiety worse. I had no choice, there was noone to call & ask if they would go for me, so I went. Armed with a bottle of water, my Claire Weekes tape & my old ladys trolley Any normal person couldn't believe how much courage it took me to do that So I'm patting myself on the back because although I felt bad, I did it anyway.

What did you do today or yesterday or last week that you didn't think you could do? Let's keep this going, if we can feed off each others anxietys then we can do the same with the courage.

Re: Let's feed off each others courage

I don't really have anything to add yet but I wanted to say well done you!!
    And such a good idea for a thread

Well done Elspeth

Really proud of myself too as on Wednesday night I drove, late at night across Saddleworth Moor where I had a major panic attack a number of years ago and had to be rescued. Not a fun place to be when you have a full blown panic. Never thought I would do it on my own again BUT I DID IT.

I had a friend in need so it just goes to show "when needs must"

Mistral X

Well done Mistral!

Hiya,
    I agree with you, it can be a lonesome place we inhabit indeed!
    Today I started to dye my hair and chickened out as I thought it looked blonde and Im brunette, so not a winner there!

managed to keep it together when the tesco's delivery came....
    had a bath...
    got dressed.....
    pegged washing out to dry....

The list of achievements is endless...
    Went hangliding in the pennines...
    shopping in new york
    and off to las vegas to get married next week
    Ha
    over niagra falls in a barrel next month.
    would love to chat with people on here...
    love ruby
    x

I went to a party on Friday night and spoke to people and even danced! Of course I tried to be cool about it as if I do that every week lol but it's a big step for me. What REALLY made my night though was seeing a guy I like, I thought I'd put him off with my nervous tic but he's skill keen!

Well done Mistral, that's a major achievement

Hi Ruby - Not sure that hangliding is my thing, but shopping in New York would be great!! Well done on your achievements

Good going Kerrigan, a party that took a lot of courage & then some!!

Hi Elspeth,

Well done for going to the shops when you were dreading it so much, I know how hard it can be sometimes just leaving the house. You should be really proud of yourself!

A few months ago I managed to control a panic attack on the bus, it was the first time for me, I wanted to tell everyone I was so happy, but as you say 'normal' people wouldn't have known what I was talking about!
    Also more recently I was a godmother at my baby nieces christening, I was terrified of standing up in front of everyone, but I'm really happy I did it.

I think you are right when you say we should try to feed of each others courage.

Anna x

What a wonderful picture Elspeth, hope the mouse got there first.

Count me in for the New York Shopping too Ruby, lets just wait until the exchange rate is a bit better. I'm not to sure about Elsbeth bringing her old ladies trolly though it would ruin Kerrigans street cred. lol

Well done everyone
    Mistal x

Thread Information