Thread: NO CBT til Dec/Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO CBT til Dec/Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great... here is me telling everyone how this cognitive behavioural therapy is going to be alot of help and i now find out this lady is leaving so there will be a training of all the other people which means there is a chnage in the service til Dec/Jan and which also mean I CANT HAVE IT til then!!!!

I will meet her for a one off to get booklets, look through the ones i was sent but still... i was really looking forward to that really believing it could help and now i have to wait til dec or jan to get it which isnt exactly going to help me when i go back :(. I feel id be able to something on my own its not like without it im screwed, but still, i was feeling better knowing it was there to help, as i dont want to mess it up this year again, and it feels like there ismore pressure on me now to not give in and yet i wouldnt know how to cope with it as well as i would have if i had the therapy as soon as i got back... this is just such a pain. Luckily on a positive i do have my boyfriend who will always help me with like building confidence on going out, and my house mates too, and if i make good friends with this year, then them to go to lectures with, or my friends who are great who do different courses but might have some at same time... but still, its kind of all down to me now..
    Emily X

Power of the mind is incredible, we now think negative by it, we can get out thinking positive too!

hi Emily,

I know exactly how you feel. I have been waiting for CBT for about 4 months now and I still don't know when I'll be starting it. I was really looking forward to starting it and then realised there was a huge wait..I guess all we can do is hang in there..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Emily

I can understand how disappointed you must feel at the delay and this seems to be the case all too often.

You could continue working through this yourself until the CBT starts and we are here to support you. She might give you something to start you off with until the CBT start properly.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Emily,
    That is really annoying! At least you know you are definitely booked in for some eventually. I bought a book called The Mind Gym, which contains a few CBT elements and which i found quite helpful.
    Here is what my CBT bloke gave me in our first session... i find it really helps me when i'm starting to freak out a bit. Hope you find it helpful,
    Henri x

TEN RULES FOR COPING WITH PANIC

1 Remember panic feelings are only normal reactions that are exaggerated.
    2 They are not harmful and nothing worse will happen.
    3 Notice what is happening in your body now. Stay with the present. Slow down, relax, but keep going.
    4 Thinking about what might happen is unhelpful. Only NOW matters.
    5 Accept the feelings. let them run through you and they will disappear more quickly.
    6 Monitor your level of anxiety: 10 (worst) to 0 (least). Watch the level go down.
    7 Stay in the situation. If you run away, avoid or escape, it will be more difficult in the future.
    8 Take a few slow, deep breaths.
    9 Consciously relax your tense muscles. Feel yourself relaxing.
    10 Now begin to concentrate again on what you were doing before.

That's bad news Emily.
    The wait in my area used to be 9 months it's 2 years now! I've been waiting a year nearly, only one more year to go! My gp says they need twice as many therapists as they have got to reduce the waiting list.
    I'm going to have a few private sessions instead of waiting probably.
    Hang in there,
    LJ

The thing is, i think i have some amount of coping skills to cope with panic attacks to some level so im hoping its gonna be enough... and i have people who care about me, and you guys who understand and can help thankfully... its cos my lectures scare me and i need the therapy for that but its not just that, its also to help change my way of thinking, like how negative i am, and also how much i get angry like annoyed at things mark does, and i an over insecure sometimes and think cos he said a girls name that means he fancies her, so even if i manage ok with the uni bits, its those bits i am also highly concerned about cos i dont want me and him to be ruined cos of my irrational thinking and anything else the cognitive therapy would help with...

Thanks you guys though, it is highly disappointing and yes there should be more therapists.. i mean the figures are rising for depression, anxiety, OCD and all the others, and i reckon its partly down to the busyness of the urban world, best e.g. new york, rush rush rush rush, and all the presures at a young age like exams, tests, etc, all the bad media of rapes, murders, all those negatives... its myst effect people over time and then theres the genetic side of it... there should be more therapists.. (my brother is interested in psychology so ill try mind manipulating him into the side that helps us )
    Sorry if i dont make much sense, just sort of rush of thoughts!

Emily X

Power of the mind is incredible, we now think negative by it, we can get out thinking positive too!

Thread Information