Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy in three days - prep?

Colonoscopy in three days - prep?

Hi all

I am having my colonoscopy on Friday, I have been prescribed Fleet. On Thursday I am supposed to just drink clear liquids. Does anyone know what diet I should follow on Wednesday (tomorrow)? I have been reading contradicting info that ranged from another clear liquid day through a low fibre diet to eat whatever I want.
    Does anyone know which one is right?

Amu

Re: Colonoscopy in three days - prep?

Well I ate whatever I wanted lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by amu View Post
    Hi all

I am having my colonoscopy on Friday, I have been prescribed Fleet. On Thursday I am supposed to just drink clear liquids. Does anyone know what diet I should follow on Wednesday (tomorrow)? I have been reading contradicting info that ranged from another clear liquid day through a low fibre diet to eat whatever I want.
    Does anyone know which one is right?

Amu
    OH has had a few of those. As far as I recall, for the few days before it was low fibre, i.e. clear soups, white rice, fish and nothing highly 'coloured' such as beetroot which might mess up the test. Did they not give you a specific diet sheet? Anyway hope this helps and good luck.

I just ate normally too. Hope all goes well for you

Yeah I wasnt even prepared for mine, it was a complete surprise!
    In fact unless they have given you specific instructions then I wouldn't deviate from your normal diet, as that may also alter the test!

By the way, it doesnt hurt at all.

Oooops! I meant to say that it doesn't hurt at all either - good thinking moore lol!

They didn't tell me anything about 2 days before....just the day before. However, like the other poster said, stay away from anything with red or orange dye. I am sure they told you that the day before, no Jello with red color. I'd stay away from ANY color stuff starting tomorrow just to have the test under perfect conditions. I was sedated and knew nothing at all...it was a breeze. The prep, I had Fleet ginger-lemon fizzy stuff, you will be in the bathroom a lot so stay close to home. Hope it all goes well!

Mine hurt a lot lol but then I did have abcesses that they couldn't get past lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

the purpose of a colonoscopy is to get a clear lining of the bowel and therefore you have to clear it as much as possible. they should provide you with instructions to do this.
    in my case i had a low fibre diet for 4 days so no brown bread, fruit and veg etc and the day before i drank plenty of clear fluids along with the fleet.

all the best

Hi all,

thanks very much for the info. Today has been a LONG day so far, I had to get up at 4am to catch my flight at 6, then I had a three-hour flight home, then I had to run around town for various stuff (preparing for my wedding which I can hardly concentrate on because of HA & colonoscopy), but I am now finally at my Mum's house ready for the Fleet attack tomorrow.

I decided to go with low fibre diet. Yesterday (Tuesday) lunchtime was the last time I had some food that had fibre in it. Then late last night I had some bread, this morning (Wednesday) I had an egg and a croissant, then a glass of milk at lunchtime and loads of clear fluids, then just now some clear soup with half a potato. The plan for tomorrow (Thursday) is Fleet at 7am with loads of fluids, clear broth, water and ice tea for lunch, Fleet at 7pm with loads fluids again. Do you guys think this is ok?

I have massive "scanxiety" about Friday's results. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed!!!!! xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information