Thread: Can't get to shops.........

Can't get to shops.........

The ONLY thing I do is go to shops once or twice a week, now I can't do that because it's too hot & I cant put myself through anymore hell!! So I decided to shop online at Tesco..........took me ages to do it, go to pay & they don't take my Visa Electron card!!!!!!!! I rang them & they said something about an Electron card being 'face to face' & you can't use it on internet. Well I have always used it for paypal on e-bay, also used it here to pay a donation & buy a little out of the shop.

So now I have to make myself go to shops & am so anxious I think Co-op opens at 8am so it shouldn't be too hot that time in the morning, but I'm as mad as hell at Tesco, what a bunch of s**tes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna ring bank in morning to see if I can get it changed, don't know why they gave it to me in the first place!!

Am mad and anxious

Els

Down with TESCO - what a shower of no brainers!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Re: Can't get to shops.........

That's incredible really, they should cater for all types of payments or at least make it clear, maybe even use paypal or some other virtual visa card like Entropay... I'm sorry it's made you anxious hopefully it will be sorted out soon for you

Oh bless you, bet it took ages to shop it all too. How about asda or waitrose (bit pricey!) sainsburys?
    One of them must surely take electron, i know that people do.
    Good luck, i hope your day gets better.
    kindest regards, ruby, a fellow online shopper!
    x

Els,
    I used to use Tescos online but there choice of fresh fruit/veg they picked for me was awful, I now use Asda,not sure if they take all cards though.
    I hope you made it to the shops and back okay

take care

mick

Dear Els I have had some bad experiences with online shopping too especially Tescos. I now shop online with Sainsburys. Some of the smaller shops still offer a delivery service for customers living locally to their store (so it's worth enquring about) I hope you find something soon.

Thanks for replies. I didn't get to shops today, will have to try 2moro!! Been so anxious forgot to ring bank too!! Can't get hold of sainsburys to check whether they take electron because I don't wanna go thru all that blah, then they don't take me card.

Well.......will try 2moro, if not, don't know

Els

I hate Tesco, I used to work there and everything had to be sold even if it was for 5p instead of it being wasted. They change dates on food and thin their oil supplies.

Now they pop up in city centres doing away with the humble newsagents, everything about Tesco from the blue logos to the uniforms is hateful.

I'm not suprised you can't get your shopping with the card you're using because it's so typical of them to have a patronising member of staff telling you you're doing something wrong and 'we don't accept them' as if they are superior but instead being false and unreasonable. Look twice because they've probably gained from you somehow.

My sister signed up to Tesco insurnace and they said 'what day would you like the direct debit to be taken out of your account?' and she said on the same day she gets paid each week so they took it out on a deliberately different day so that she was overdrawn and got in debt with her bank.

They are utter s**tes, sorry for the rant. It's a pain that they win because they are just there when you need them even though you know they are a rip off. You've nothing to lose with a place like that so good luck to you.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Cheers for that kerrigan. When & if I get a new card from me bank, I won't shop at tesco.

Well I've just been to shops!! I stayed up all night like usual but had to stay up a further 3 hours to go to shop before it gets too hot. Got enuff shopping for a week just incase..lol. But I feel a bit funny, like a bit dizzy. I'm just having a cuppa tea before I go to bed

It isn't the first time I've stayed up all night & gone to shops but I think I feel dizzy cause it's warm & I'm very tired.

Thanks for replies & help.
    Love
    Els

Hi Els,

Glad to see that you made it to the shops. I always read your posts and it makes me very sad because you always seem to be having such a crappy time of things.

Just wanted to let you know that I am sending good thoughts and wishes your way that in some small way things imrove for you and maybe you will be able to write some happy things on your next post. Hang in there matey, things have to get better.

Take care
    Natalie

PS: Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Thread Information