Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: IBS symptoms list.

Re: IBS symptoms list.

Blimey! I wrote this original post 6 years ago and in a strange way, it is kind of comforting when I get these horrible symptoms again! Having been largely symptom free for a year or so, bar the odd few days, the old IBS symptoms have reared their ugly head!
    I have abdominal pain that moves from up under my ribs, across my tummy button and down the left hand side. I have awful wind and bloatedness and a that horrible rectal pressure. I feel sluggish and uncomfortable.
    A friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer and I think that has caused my health anxiety to kick start again. But I have to keep reminding myself that I have been here before many times and I have no red flag symptoms.
    I hope you are all feeling ok but if you want to share any symptoms of IBS, please feel free here x

My IBS symptoms aren't really that bad, I have my good days and my bad days.

Main symptoms for me are:

Pain both upper and lower abdominal pain - it doesn't really affect my life I just get on with it.

Bowel Movements - I dont suffer from full blown D, they just happen quick when I sit down and they are softer than they once were. However I think stress has a big part to play in mine as since my HA started I have been terrible with my IBS but when I am not worried I do have normal Bowl Movements (this isn't very often)

Thats it really, I had a couple of physical examinations. Blood tests as well as well a stool sample nothing out the ordinary just IBS.

Peace

My IBS symptoms have changed dramatically over the last few years. I used to be IBS-D, then it would swing a lot (IBS-A), and now I'm predominantly IBS-C. My HA doesn't help things as I've spent years on and off thinking the worst but my symptoms can get worse from time to time which leaves me questioning things occasionally. Also have possible IC (not yet diagnosed fully) which is very painful and doesn't help matters.

Main symptoms:

Bloating - awful, especially by end of night!
    Upper and lower abdominal pain and cramps - some times can be worse than other times.
    Rectal discomfort/incomplete evacuation - usually with constipation or just slow bowel transit in general. Sometimes because I think I have PFD which can cause difficulty in going a full BM.
    Acid reflux pains
    Nausea
    Tired/fatigue
    Bowel movements - Generally constipated lately, but still can get times when I have mushy sticky stools that are difficult to clean up!
    Bone pain?! Not sure if this is related
    Flank pain (pain around my lower back on the left and right sides)
    Sometimes frequent bowel movements still.

Feeling terrible today due to all these ibs symptoms:
    Bloating/gas
    pain around right ribs
    indigestion that wont go away no matter how much water i drink
    i can go to the loo 5/6 times in a morning but still feel incomplete evacuation i
    suffer with terrible anxiety and take diazepam and antidepressants for it.
    Back pain which i get round back of right ribs,i look about 4 months pregnant at mo!
    I got some fybogel but i think that its made things worse today.:

My symptoms are:

- Bloated in my lower abdomen
    - A feeling of being full of wind and gas.
    - Abdominal pain which moves in different places.
    - Feeling of muscle strain.
    - Stools of every different colour, shape and consistency.

+ SO MUCH MORE.

It's a real pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3016 View Post
    Blimey! I wrote this original post 6 years ago and in a strange way, it is kind of comforting when I get these horrible symptoms again! Having been largely symptom free for a year or so, bar the odd few days, the old IBS symptoms have reared their ugly head!
    I have abdominal pain that moves from up under my ribs, across my tummy button and down the left hand side. I have awful wind and bloatedness and a that horrible rectal pressure. I feel sluggish and uncomfortable.
    A friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer and I think that has caused my health anxiety to kick start again. But I have to keep reminding myself that I have been here before many times and I have no red flag symptoms.
    I hope you are all feeling ok but if you want to share any symptoms of IBS, please feel free here x
    Red Flag ?? What are they

My symptoms are, stomach clenching like muscles are tightening up, mild stomach pain, It sometimes feel like hunger pains, loose stools, not really diarrhea it kind of looks like soft-serve ice cream, burping, gas,(mild), feeling tired. I haven't had any issues for two weeks then last night, I ate more sugar than I have been, and I ate tomatoes on my pasta and now I am not having a good day.

adding in undigested food particles as well, and body aches. I cant have onion, garlic, mushrooms, cauliflower, soda with caffiene, spicy foods and most fried or greasy.
    Last edited by Pkstracy; 09-12-21 at 07:07.

adding nausea to my list of symptoms, man I hate feeling like I am going to get sick. I just got sick I hate throwing up.
    Last edited by Pkstracy; 09-06-20 at 02:49.

Hi
    I wanted to pm you but I don't know how to do it.
    I have rarely come accross anybody who has these symptoms of hardly being able to walk and sheer panic after going to the loo.
    Do you still have these symptoms?

to pm someone click on their screen name and select send message

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information