Uncomfortable feeling in bowels
    A lot of trapped wind
    Bubbling & noises stomach
    Migraines
    Acid reflux
    Constipation
    Feeling like I have bad D but when I go the loo I don't need it

Re: IBS symptoms list.

omg!!! the pain in my ribs is IBS??? Really??? wow! I'm soooo pleased! I have a massive fear of bowel cancer as my bowel movements are so erratic. Sometimes they will be loose, then I'll suddenly switch to not being able to go. I'm currently going through a month of mostly constipation.
    I have lost weight but doctor thinks that's anxiety related.
    I've had clear blood tests.
    I dont tend to get stomach cramps. Does that mean I dont have IBS?? do I HAVE to have stomach cramps??
    When I'm going through a loose stools phase I have the urgency where I have to rush to go, and I do get pain/cramps then. But not when my bowel movements are solid.
    I am also very windy... both ends! lovely.
    I pass mucus in my stools too.. not excessively but it's definitely there.
    My doctor doesnt even think I have IBS, she thinks its all anxiety related but I'm sure anxiety doesnt cause the mucus.
    I get a pain in/behind/under my right rib. It's only ever on the right side. Ihad NO idea that other IBS sufferers have this. I was worried about what it could be.

Does anyone have IBS without cramping or pain being an everyday occurance?

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

oh... and to add to the above... my stomach is REALLY noisy. It's always gurgling/growling/bubbling. Quite loud too

Glad I saw this thread as I am currently worried about IBS symptoms and just wanted to add mine.
    Nausea , stomach cramps, feeling worn out, lots of wind , very noisy gurgling stomach, general pain all over stomach worse near right rib and just below belly button. Obviously all these symptoms together can make you feel really ill and then the thoughts of more sinister illnesses begin to creep in. Does anyone take meds for their IBS? I am trying buscopan currently but not sure if they are making a massive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    Glad I saw this thread as I am currently worried about IBS symptoms and just wanted to add mine.
    Nausea , stomach cramps, feeling worn out, lots of wind , very noisy gurgling stomach, general pain all over stomach worse near right rib and just below belly button. Obviously all these symptoms together can make you feel really ill and then the thoughts of more sinister illnesses begin to creep in. Does anyone take meds for their IBS? I am trying buscopan currently but not sure if they are making a massive difference.
    I've got buscopan and me Mebeverine but can't say they have much effect. My anxiety definitely makes the IBS much worse. Before I started with anxiety the meds worked but over the years since my anxiety has got worse the meds do little to help

Thanks Bernie, I am going to ask the doctor for mebrevine I think , My symptoms start my anxiety off and I can't help thinking there is something more sinister going on. I could kick myself for not going through with the complete colonoscopy when I had the chance. Take Care.

ive been troubled with ibs over 20 years now,a feeling of tightness under my right ribs,the gurgling,indigestion but to name but a few,i suffer really bad with stress and anxiety so im taking diazepam and mirtazipine for depression,my doctor has recently given me IBS COLPERMIN ive only been on them a week but not found any change as yet but will keep you posted,on getting up in a morning i can go about 3/4 times but still feel like im so full so i never feel hungry.

Does anyone else get sharp pains in the middle of the chest with IBS?

I was diagnosed with IBS in APril of this year, the doctor prescribed me some pills to relax the muscles in my intestines and some others for the acid in my stomach.

Things settled down over the summer, but recently I noticed the symptoms that I had previously start to return, but also now the last couple of mornings I've had these sharps pains in the middle of my chest that come and go more or less instantly but last over a couple of hours.

I'm off to see the doctor in the next hour, hopefully he can shed some light.

What is this feeling like I have diarreah ?? I have ibs-c but sometimes I get this feeling like I need to shoot loo (for diarreah) but then sit on loo and nothing happens or I have a normal bm.... But y the feeling I have diarreah when I don't??

Quote Originally Posted by hangingbasket View Post
    omg!!! the pain in my ribs is IBS??? Really??? wow! I'm soooo pleased! I have a massive fear of bowel cancer as my bowel movements are so erratic. Sometimes they will be loose, then I'll suddenly switch to not being able to go. I'm currently going through a month of mostly constipation.
    I have lost weight but doctor thinks that's anxiety related.
    I've had clear blood tests.
    I dont tend to get stomach cramps. Does that mean I dont have IBS?? do I HAVE to have stomach cramps??
    When I'm going through a loose stools phase I have the urgency where I have to rush to go, and I do get pain/cramps then. But not when my bowel movements are solid.
    I am also very windy... both ends! lovely.
    I pass mucus in my stools too.. not excessively but it's definitely there.
    My doctor doesnt even think I have IBS, she thinks its all anxiety related but I'm sure anxiety doesnt cause the mucus.
    I get a pain in/behind/under my right rib. It's only ever on the right side. Ihad NO idea that other IBS sufferers have this. I was worried about what it could be.

Does anyone have IBS without cramping or pain being an everyday occurance?

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

oh... and to add to the above... my stomach is REALLY noisy. It's always gurgling/growling/bubbling. Quite loud too
    Ive had pain in right rib area for over two years now, still no definite diagnosis

Hi all, I also have some of these symptoms, I have IBS too. I recently had 2 bouts of a stomach bug whilst on holiday, two separate holidays that is. I am still having tummy pain, bloating and discomfort after returning home, this is after the last bout which was over a week ago. I am not being sick any more or running to the loo but I am having to be careful what I eat as I have a dull pain a lot of the time. Just wondered if anyone knows if this is still from the bug, can it take so long to recover. Maybe takes longer with IBS? Also, seems odd that I had 2 bouts of this when I was on holiday, it scares me that it's something else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information